Two public events will be held in Evansville on Wednesday, October 7, 2009 regarding the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission's (IURC's) pending investigation of electric utility tree trimming and vegetation management practices. Both events will take place in the Harrison High School Auditorium, 211 Fielding Drive:
- At 5:30 p.m., local time, the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the utility regulatory process and describe field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., local time, the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written comments from consumers. All comments provided during the field hearing will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in the case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
This will be the sixth public field hearing conducted in this investigation, following August and September hearings in Muncie, Indianapolis, Seymour, Merrillville, and Fort Wayne.
The OUCC is accepting written consumer comments in this case through October 29, 2009. Consumers can submit comments for the case's record by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Written comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43663.
The OUCC - the state agency representing consumer interests in IURC cases - has filed testimony recommending that the IURC establish uniform vegetation management standards for all electric utilities under its jurisdiction. Future steps in this case will be determined by the IURC at a later date.
For more information on this case, please visit www.in.gov/oucc/2555.htm.
(IURC Cause No. 43663)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency that represents residential and business consumer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: