Two public events will be held in Merrillville on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 regarding the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission's (IURC's) pending investigation of electric utility tree trimming and vegetation management practices. Both events will take place in the Merrillville High School Auditorium, 276 E. 68th Place:
- At 5:30 p.m., local time, the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the utility regulatory process and describe field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., local time, the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written comments from consumers. All comments provided during the field hearing will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in the case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
This is the fourth of six public field hearings being conducted in this investigation. Previous hearings were held in Muncie, Indianapolis and Seymour. Additional field hearings in this case are scheduled for September 29 in Fort Wayne and October 7 in Evansville.
In addition, the OUCC is accepting written consumer comments in this case through October 29. Consumers can submit comments for the case's record by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Written comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43663.
The OUCC - the state agency representing consumer interests in IURC cases - has filed testimony recommending that the IURC establish uniform vegetation management standards for all electric utilities under its jurisdiction.
For more information on this case, please visit www.in.gov/oucc/2555.htm.
(IURC Cause No. 43663)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency that represents residential and business consumer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: