Two public events are scheduled for Monday, September 14 regarding the pending sewer rate case of Wildwood Shores Utility Corp., doing business as Aqua Indiana. Both events will be held at North Madison Elementary School, 7456 E. Hadley Road, Camby, Indiana:
- At 5:30 p.m., the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to describe public field hearing procedures and to discuss the utility regulatory process.
- At 6:00 p.m., the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written consumer comments regarding the utility's rates. The comments will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in the case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
Aqua Indiana - a wholly owned subsidiary of Aqua America, Inc. - provides sewage disposal service to 86 residential customers in Morgan County's Madison Township. The utility's pending proposal, if approved, would increase its flat monthly residential sewer rate from $41.55 to $80.00. In its filing before the IURC, Aqua Indiana states that it is seeking the increase due to major expansions to its wastewater treatment plant.
The OUCC - the state agency representing consumer interests in cases before the IURC - continues to review Aqua Indiana's proposal and has not yet taken a position on the request. Currently, the OUCC is scheduled to complete its technical and legal review in this case and file its report with the Commission on September 29, 2009.
Consumers who are unable to attend the September 14 events may submit written comments to the OUCC in advance, either by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Consumer comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43699-U.
For additional information on this case, including a copy of the utility's filing, visit the OUCC Website at www.in.gov/oucc/2557.htm. Consumers with questions about submitting written comments can contact the OUCC's consumer services staff toll-free at 1-888-441-2494.
(IURC Cause No. 43699-U)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency that represents residential and business consumer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: