Two public events will be held in Muncie on Monday, August 31, 2009 regarding the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission's (IURC's) pending investigation of electric utility tree trimming and vegetation management practices. Both events will take place in the Muncie Central High School Auditorium at 801 N. Walnut Street:
- At 5:30 p.m., the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the utility regulatory process and describe field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written comments from consumers. All comments provided during the field hearing will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in the case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
This is the first of six public field hearings to be conducted in this investigation. A second field hearing will take place on Wednesday, September 2 at 6:00 p.m. at the Pike Performing Arts Center in Indianapolis. Additional field hearings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - Seymour High School, 1350 W. 2nd St., Seymour, Indiana, 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 23 - Merrillville, time and location to be determined
- Tuesday, September 29 - Fort Wayne, time and location to be determined
- Wednesday, October 7 - Evansville, time and location to be determined
This schedule will be updated on the OUCC's Website at www.in.gov/oucc/2555.htm.
Consumers who are unable to attend the upcoming field hearings are invited to submit written comments for the case's record to the OUCC by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Written comments should include the consumer's name, mailing address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43663.
The OUCC - the state agency representing consumer interests in IURC cases - has filed testimony recommending that the IURC establish uniform vegetation management standards for all electric utilities under its jurisdiction.
For more information on this case, please visit www.in.gov/oucc/2555.htm.
(IURC Cause No. 43663)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency that represents residential and business consumer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: