INDIANAPOLIS - As the summer heat increases, the Lawn at White River State Park is helping dads be a bit more "cool" this Father's Day. Now, kids can replace the old neck-tie gift with the gift of quality time where dads can hang with their kids - for free - at some cool outdoor concerts this summer. From June 18 through Father's Day, June 21, families can purchase one full-price adult lawn ticket to one of the select concerts below and receive a free lawn ticket for a child, ages 10 and under.
Save money on babysitting and celebrate Father's Day all summer long by taking your kids to a live concert beneath the stars, along the bank of the White River in downtown Indianapolis.
Eligible concerts include:
- 311 with special guest Ziggy Marley: Sunday, June 21, 7 p.m. *Father's Day*
- Indianapolis Symphony performs "The Music of Led Zeppelin: A Rock Symphony": Thursday, June 25, 7:30 p.m.
- The Offspring with special guest Dropkick Murphys: Saturday, June 27, 7 p.m.
- Crosby, Stills & Nash: Tuesday, Aug. 4, 7:30 p.m.
- Bonnie Raitt with special guest Taj Mahal & the Phantom Blues Band: Tuesday, Aug. 25, 7:30 p.m.
- The Moody Blues: Sunday, Aug. 30, 7:30 p.m.
Only general admission lawn seats qualify for the promotion. Free child tickets are not available with purchase of reserved seats or Lawn Four Packs. To take advantage of this offer, visit www.inwhiteriver.org/lawn and click the link to purchase tickets under one of the show listings. Tickets can also be purchased at the Murat Theatre box office, participating Blockbuster® stores or charge by phone at (877) 598-8703.
# # #
The Lawn is another great attraction in White River State Park, the center of Indianapolis culture, providing entertainment for a wide range of audiences. The Park offers a unique experience with a variety of educational and recreational attractions, including the Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens, Indiana State Museum, IMAX® Theater, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, NCAA Hall of Champions, Victory Field, The Lawn and the Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: