Two public events are scheduled for Tuesday, September 23 regarding the Kingsford Heights Municipal Water Utility's rate increase request. Both events will take place at the Kingsford Heights Community Center, 515 Wayland Road:
- At 5:30 p.m., local time, the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) will conduct an information meeting to discuss the regulatory process and describe public field hearing procedures.
- At 6:00 p.m., local time, the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will conduct a formal public field hearing to accept oral and written consumer comments. The comments will become part of the evidentiary record considered by the IURC in reaching its final decision in this case. Commissioners are not permitted to answer consumer questions during the formal field hearing.
Current water rates for Kingsford Heights were approved in 1992. Under the town's request, the monthly water bill for a residential customer using 6,000 gallons or less would increase from $23.46 to $31.98. According to the town's filing with the IURC, the additional revenues would cover increases in operating and maintenance costs.
The OUCC - the state agency representing consumer interests in IURC proceedings - is reviewing the town's proposal and is currently scheduled to file its report in this case on October 3.
Consumers who are unable to attend the September 23 events are encouraged to submit written comments to the OUCC in advance. Comments should include the consumer's name, address, and a reference to IURC Cause No. 43502-U. Consumers can send comments to the OUCC by mail, fax or the Internet:
- Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Fax: (317) 232-5923
- E-mail: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
- OUCC Website: www.IN.gov/OUCC
Additional information on this case is available on the OUCC Website at www.in.gov/oucc/3409.htm. Consumers with questions about submitting written comments can contact the OUCC's consumer services staff toll-free at 1-888-441-2494.
(IURC Cause No. 43502-U)
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is the state agency that represents residential and business consumer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. To learn more, visit www.IN.gov/OUCC.
« Back to News Release List
Link to this event: