Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
All Indiana pharmacist licenses and pharmacy technician certifications are set to expire on June 30, 2012. You will be receiving an email from the Indiana Board of Pharmacy in the next week or two explaining the options available to you to renew your license or certification. The renewal period will officially begin on May 1, 2012, and you may conveniently renew your license or certification online using LicenseExpress. Please make sure to update your demographic information (including email) when logging in to renew. Email is now the primary form of communication being used by the Board to deliver important news and license notices to all Board Licensees.
New this year, the Board, in concert with NABP’s launch of CPE Monitor and other new electronic services, is requiring all Indiana pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to obtain an e-Profile # and supply this number to the Board when completing your renewal application. An e-Profile # is a unique identifier assigned to you as an individual and will be used in the future as a secure identifier to protect and transact your personal license-related business in a secure and private manner. This is the number you will use to report CE, register for examinations with NABP, transfer your license to another state, obtain score reports, etc. This number will replace use of your social security number and is designed to protect your personal information.
The registration process is simple and easy to complete and can be undertaken online at the same time you are completing your license renewal (a link has already been embedded into the online license renewal platform). You will be asked for certain personal information (including your social security number) to verify your identity prior to receiving your individual e-Profile number. Your social security number is only being used to securely verify that you are who you say you are before assignment of your e-Profile number. Please remember that the Board and NABP already have this information and are using it as a primary source of verification. This information will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
If you wish to obtain your e-Profile # in advance of renewal, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to NABP’s e-Profile link.
2. Select create a profile or if you have a profile already in existence and just need to access your number, log-in on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Accept the terms of service and click "Continue".
4. All renewal applicants are required to select at least one service, the “CPE Monitor” service, but are welcome and encouraged to select from amongst the other services that NABP offers as well.
5. Select "Continue" and follow the instructions on the next series of pages, providing the required information.
6. At the conclusion of entering the necessary information, you will be sent your individual e-Profile # to the email you provided. This response is provided instantaneously and can be completed in as little as a few 2-3 minutes or less.
7. Once you receive your six digit e-Profile #, copy the number and input it into the survey portion of your online renewal or the box provided on your paper renewal.
PLEASE NOTE ⇒ Failure to properly enter or provide an e-Profile # will result in an incomplete notice and will slow down timely processing of your renewal application. No license will be renewed without an e-Profile #!
Click here for additional step-by-step instructions and screen shots of how to obtain your e-Profile #.
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency NO longer automatically mails updated license cards when your license is renewed. You must verify that your license has been renewed by using the "Search and Verify License" option from our website; please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your license to be updated. Once you verify renewal, you must order a new license card by using the "Order or Print a License" option from our website; you are given the option to download a free license card for immediate printing or to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you. A printout from the "Search and Verify License" page is not acceptable; you must login at the "Order or Print a License" page to order a new card to be mailed or printout the free card.
Indiana law requires those engaged in the practice of pharmacy to display their licenses/registrations where they are practicing; therefore, you must either download the free license card or purchase an updated blue card to post.
Phil Wickizer, Director
Indiana Board of Pharmacy