- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Professional Licensing Agency

PLA > Professions > Indiana Controlled Substances Advisory Committee > Application and Information > Non-Practitioner Controlled Substances Registration > Renewal Information Renewal Information

  • Controlled Substances Registrations (CSR) for non-practitioners and facilities expire December 31 of odd-numbered years.  The next renewal deadline is December 31, 2015.
  • CSR renewal fee is $100. There are fee exemptions for certain non-practitioners and facilities; please see below for more information!


Renewal notices are mailed sixty (60) days prior to the expiration date.  This notice is mailed to your address of record with the Board.  The Board has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore, when a notice has been mailed, the duty of the Board has been performed.

This notice gives you two options to renew:  online or paper renewal application.  However, fee exempt non-practitioners and facilities are not allowed to renew online. 

Online Renewal
LicenseExpress is the online renewal option that is available on the website.  The online renewal system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by using your complete registration number (61100000B) as both your Login ID and your password. 

You are able to pay your renewal fees by using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card on our secure server.  There are access & credit card fees associated with renewing on-line; no part of these fees comes to IPLA.

Using LicenseExpress to renew takes only minutes and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.  You are able to update your e-mail address and telephone number as part of the renewal process.

The LicenseExpress online renewal option is available 60 days prior to your registration expiration date; you do not have to receive your renewal notice prior to using this system.

Paper Renewal
The paper renewal notice is mailed sixty (60) days prior to expiration.  Please allow ample mailing time for you to return the renewal application to our office prior to the expiration date of your registration so that your registration may be renewed timely.

The only payments options associated with the paper renewal are check or money order; we cannot accept credit/debit card payments with paper renewals.

The individual responsible for the controlled substances on site is required to complete all of the questions, provide contact information as requested, sign and date the renewal application. 

If you are a fee exempt non-practitioner or facility, you are required to submit the paper renewal application in order to claim your fee exempt status.  Please write "fee exempt" at the top of your completed paper renewal application.


The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency NO longer automatically mails updated registration cards when your license is renewed.  You must verify that your registration has been renewed at; please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your registration to be updated.  Once you verify renewal, you may login from and download a free registration card for immediate printing or you may purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you.  Please note that either option will fulfill your posting requirement.


856 IAC 2-3-11 allows the Board to waive registration and renewal fees for the following:

  • any official or agency of the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Veterans' Administration or Public Health Service who or which is authorized to procure or purchase controlled substances for official use; and
  • any official, employee, or other civil officer of the United States, or any State, or any political subdivision or agency thereof, who or which is authorized to purchase controlled substances, to obtain such substances from official stocks, to dispense or administer such substances, to conduct research, instructional activities, or chemical analysis with such substances in the course of his or its official duties or employment.

If you are a fee exempt non-practitioner or facility, you need to complete the paper renewal application in full, write "fee exempt" at the top of the form, and mail it to our office.  Even though you are not submitting a fee, you cannot submit the renewal application by fax or e-mail because we need the original signature on the form for our records.


If you answered “yes” to any of the questions regarding disciplinary actions, arrests, convictions, etc., when completing the renewal process, then you must explain fully, including all related details, in a signed and notarized statement. 

You must also submit documentation regarding the incident(s) in question.  This documentation must include all court documentation, disciplinary orders, etc.  If you have completed any terms or conditions (criminal, disciplinary, etc.), verification of this must also be submitted.

The Board reserves the right to request additional information to help them make an informed decision regarding your renewal.   The Board may also request a personal appearance in front of them to discuss the response(s).


If you have a facility name change, you must submit legal documentation verifying the change.  Please send the information to the Professional Licensing Agency at 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, e-mail a copy to, or fax the information to (317) 233-4236.   If the name change is due to a change in ownership, you must submit a new licensing application and required documentation; a new registration number must be issued.   The renewal application and renewal fee must also be submitted in order to renew the license. 

If you have change of location, you must submit a new
licensing application, required documentation, and submit to an inspection by a compliance officer.  The renewal application and renewal fee must also be submitted in order to renew the license. 


If you have questions, please e-mail the Board at