Relocating an Existing Pharmacy
The Board shall relocate a pharmacy permit for a facility that:
- submits a completed application for pharmacy permit and $50 application fee;
- submits a completed application for controlled substances registration and $100 application fee;
- submits a drawing or blueprint of your proposed licensed area (clarification on whether your licensed area is just the prescription department or the entire store is required);
- sets forth the name of the Indiana licensed pharmacist who will be in full responsible charge for the legal operation of the pharmacy (qualifying pharmacist; please make sure the named pharmacist is not listed as the "QP" on another pharmacy permit);
- successfully completes an inspection conducted by an Indiana Board of Pharmacy Compliance Officer.
Applicants must submit a $50 pharmacy permit application fee and $100 CSR application fee (if applicable) in the form of a check or money order made payable to the "Professional Licensing Agency". The fees may be combined into one check or money order. The fee(s) must be submitted with the application to the following:
Professional Licensing Agency
402 W Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 46204.
What Do I Submit With The Completed Application for a Pharmacy Permit?
→ $50 pharmacy application fee and, if applicable, $100 CSR application fee;
→ drawing or blueprint showing physical size (include linear dimensions) and general layout of the floor plan; show the location of the prescription counter top with dimensions, location of the refrigerator, and prescription sink;
→ if you answered “yes” to either of the Inquiry of Law Violations questions on page 3 of the application, then you must explain fully, including all related details, in a signed and notarized statement. You must also submit documentation regarding to the incident(s) in question.
Upon receipt of all requested information, the Board office will contact the individual listed on the application to schedule an inspection.
Updated License Card
To receive an updated license card, you need to verify the address has been updated by using the "Search" function on our License Express website at http://www.in.gov/pla/license.htm. Upon verification of the update, you need to login at the "Order License Card" link to request and pay for a duplicate registration card. You will use the pharmacy permit number, including the "A" at the end (i.e. 6000XXXXA), as the login ID and password.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at pla4@pla.IN.gov.