Renewing Your Intern Registration
- All intern permits expire September 30 each year.
- The renewal fee is $10 ($13.77 with online processing fees).
- Renewals may be submitted online. Additional documentation may be submitted using email, fax, or mail if you choose to renew online.
- Renewals submitted using US Mail should include the renewal form, payment, and transcripts.
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the license renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address of record with the Board. The Board has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore when a notice has been emailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the Board has been performed.
Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Once your renewal has been completed you will receive a confirmation email.
Your renewal application and fee should be accompanied by one of the following:
- Notarized copy of your Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) Certificate, or
- Official transcripts from an American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy verifying your active enrollment in the spring 2017 semester or quarter [transcript must indicate the spring 2017 semester or quarter and verify that you are “currently enrolled”, “work in progress”, etc.] or recent graduation date. A transcript indicating that the previous semester or quarter completed will not be accepted as it does not verify that you are currently enrolled.
à If we do not receive the required or correct documentation, your renewal application may be denied. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS!
Current Pharmacy Students Enrolled in an ACPE Accredited Pharmacy Program: You are required to submit official transcripts from your ACPE accredited school of pharmacy with your registration renewal application. The official transcripts must verify your active/current enrollment in the spring 2017 semester or corresponding quarter by indicating "currently enrolled", "work in progress", etc., for your currently enrolled semester or quarter. An official transcript indicating only the previous semester or quarter completed will not be accepted as it does not verify that current enrollment.
ACPE Accredited Pharmacy Program Graduates: You are required to submit official transcripts indicating the date your pharmacy degree was conferred or a notarized copy of your college diploma.
Foreign Pharmacy Graduates: You are required to submit a notarized copy of your Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) Certificate.
Documentation Required for "Yes" Responses
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions on the renewal application, then you must explain fully, including all related details, in a signed and notarized statement. You must also submit documentation regarding to the incident(s) in question. Below, find a list of documentation that will be requested by the Board if not submitted. The Board may, however, request information in addition to what is listed below upon reviewing the information you submit.
Question #1: Copies of all orders filed against the professional license. If action has been lifted against your license, then verification of this is required as well.
Question #2: Submit a copy of the denial notification as well as any other documentation relating to the denial.
Question #3: Submit all related court documentation that indicate the charge, plea, sentence requirements, and, if the sentencing requirements have been met, verification of successful completion of sentencing requirements. Request a chronological case summary.
Question #4: Submit a current evaluation from an approved addictionologist and any other related documentation related to your diagnosis and/or treatment.
Question #5: Nothing additional; however, after reviewing your statement, the Board may request additional information.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Board office at pla4@pla.IN.gov.