If you do not have Adobe Acrobat on your computer you may download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader at http://www.adobe.com/.
BARBER APPLICATIONS AND FORMS
Barber License Application by Examination Instructions
- File completed application, including the portion your school must complete.
- Complete 1500 hours of instruction in a beauty culture school.
- Include a copy of your examination
- Include the application fee of $40. If you have a conviction record, include a copy of the conviction record that indicates the disposition of the conviction. It should include the type and date of the conviction, time served, if applicable, and the disposition of any probation being served or successfully completed.
Barber License by Reciprocity Application Requirements
- File completed application.
- If you have a conviction record, include a copy of the conviction record that indicates the disposition of the conviction. It should include the type and date of the conviction, time served, if applicable, and the disposition of any probation being served or successfully completed.
- Include a license certification from the state or country you hold a license in. (if from a foreign country, must include an English translation of the documents). Online certification is acceptable if it provides a field for possible disciplinary action.
- The state or country you hold a license in must require at least 1500 hours of education or one (1) year of licensed practice is equal to one hundred (100) hours of education to an applicant who has completed a minimum of one thousand (1000) hours of education. The jurisdiction must also require at least 70% passing on the written and practical exams.
- Include the license fee (of $40).
Provisional Barber License
• Applicant’s jurisdiction does not issue a license to practice barbering (has only a school certificate to practice in the jurisdiction)
• Applicant must provide proof of sufficient training or experience as a barber*
• Applicant who has been granted an initial provisional license must work under the supervision of a licensed barber
* Applicant must provide proof of experience, such as proof of salon experience. Applicant must submit transcript of training from a beauty culture school. All transcripts must be accompanied by a certified translation in English.
Application for Barber License by Examination
Application for Barber License by Reciprocity
Application for Provisional License