Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Social Workers, Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Marriage and Family Therapy Associates, Mental Health Counselors, Mental Health Counselor Associates, Addiction Counselors, and Clinical Addiction Counselors licensed in the State of Indiana are required to obtain at least forty (40) hours of continuing education, with at least twenty (20) hours of Category I Continuing Education and two (2) hours of Category I Ethics Continuing Education, in order to renew their license.
(1) Formally organized courses.
(6) Home study programs, including:
(C) video; and
(D) instructional programs, accredited by board-approved organizations.
(7) Courses that are relevant to the license holder’s professional skills, which are part of the curriculum of an accredited university, college, or educational institution, shall earn fifteen (15) CEUs for each academic semester hour completed, or ten (10) CEUs for each academic quarter hour completed.
(8) Faculty teaching a course for the first time at an accredited university, college, or educational institution shall earn one and one-half (1½) CEUs for every hour taught.
You are required to obtain a minimum of 20 Category I CEUs per renewal cycle.
(1) Journal clubs, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(2) Office in-services, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(3) Case conferences that are specifically designed for training or teaching, earns one (1) CEU for each hour attended.
(4) Services as an instructor, presenter, or supervisor in a relevant professional seminar, workshop, or training conference earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service, but only for the initial instruction, presentation, or supervision given.
(5) Research and publication of research results in a recognized professional journal or book form, earns ten (10) CEUs, but may only be claimed for the initial publication of the information.
(6) Providing peer review of another licensee’s therapy and skills, which includes consultation, conference, and critique, earns one (1) CEU for each hour spent with the peer for this purpose.
(7) Services on boards and commissions and holding office in professional organizations, specifically related to the licensee’s profession, earns one (1) CEU for each hour of service
You are not required to earn any Category II hours however, if you do use Category II hours towards you CEU requirement then you may acquire no more than 20 Category II CEUs per renewal cycle.
1 – 2 hours $100
3 – 5 hours $200
6 – 10 hours $350
11 – 15 hours $500
16 – 20 hours $750
21 – 40 hours $1000