To obtain an application for licensure to practice physical therapy or certification as a physical therapist assistant, you may download the application from the website.
Fee Information - Examination candidates are responsible for three types of payment, which must be submitted before being permitted to sit for the examination:
- Professional Licensing Agency: A fee of $100 made payable to the Professional Licensing Agency with your application.
- FEDERATION OF STATE BOARDS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY (FSBPT): Go to http://www.fsbpt.org/ to register online for the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE). The NTE fee of $370.00 can be paid by credit card or debit card. Do not send this fee with your PLA application.
- PROMETRIC COMPUTERIZED TESTING (http://www.prometric.com/). Physical therapist applicants must submit $65 and physical therapist assistant applicants must submit $50 to the testing center at the time of examination scheduling.
Examination applicants must submit the following to the Professional Licensing Agency*:
- Completed application with $100.00 application fee.
- Two (2) recent passport type photographs of the applicant, approximately two (2) inches by two (2) inches in size, signed in black ink along the bottom with each application.
- An official (certified) transcript of grades from the school the applicant obtained his or her degree that shows the degree has been conferred. Transcripts must come directly from the degree granting institution. Graduates of a foreign program must submit an official translation if the transcript is not in English.
- A notarized copy of a marriage certificate or an official affidavit indicating any legal name change, if your name differs from that on any documents.
- Graduates of a foreign program must submit a credentials evaluation completed within the last six (6) months. If an applicant has an evaluation that is greater than six (6) months old, they may request a letter from the credential evaluation service to accompany their outdated evaluation which would indicate that if an evaluation were completed at present the outcome would not change.
- Social Security Number
Once you submit your application for the examination and required documentation to the Indiana Physical Therapy Committee and meet the requirements for the examination, you need to visit http://www.fsbpt.org/to register for the examination. You are no longer required to submit your examination registration by mail.
*Please allow 7 - 10 working days for application processing
Testing Accommodation Request
If you have a disability that may require some accommodation in taking this examination, please fill out the _Testing Accommodation Request Form_ and return it to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. You may also request this form be mailed to you by calling (317) 234-2051. If you are hearing or speech impaired, you may utilize the Indiana Relay System by calling 1-800-743-3333. If accommodation is requested prior to the application deadline, we cannot guarantee the availability of accommodations on-site.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications and documentation will not be returned to you.
Fees are not refundable.
Please see application packet for more detailed information.