To obtain an application for licensure to practice physical therapy or certification as a physical therapist assistant, you may download the application from the website.
Endorsement applicants must submit the following to the Professional Licensing Agency*:
- Completed application with $100.00 application fee.
- Two (2) recent passport type photographs of the applicant, approximately two (2) inches by two (2) inches in size, signed in black ink along the bottom with each application.
- An official (certified) transcript of grades from the school the applicant obtained his or her degree that shows the degree has been conferred. Transcripts must come directly from the degree granting institution. Graduates of a foreign program must submit an official translation if the transcript is not in English.
- Graduates of a foreign program must submit a credentials evaluation completed within the last six (6) months specifically for the state of Indiana. This evaluation must be completed by an approved agency and must state that the applicant's education is equivalent to that of a US graduate.
- A notarized copy of a marriage certificate or an official affidavit indicating any legal name change, if your name differs from that on any documents.
- Verification of state licensure must be completed by every state where you hold or have held a license or certification. This form needs to be submitted to the Indiana Physical Therapy Committee by the state in which you hold or have held a license or certification.
- Official National Physical Therapy Exam score transfer report from the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT). Please visit their website at http://www.fsbpt.org/to have your exam scores transferred to the Indiana Physical Therapy Committee. Passing score on this exam is a converted score of seventy-five (75).
- Social Security Number
PLEASE NOTE: Applications and documentation will not be returned to you.
Fees are not refundable.
Please see the application packet for more detailed information.
*Please allow 7 - 10 working days for application processing