Nonresident Pharmacies IC 25-26-17:
If you are a pharmacy located outside the state of Indiana and dispensing drugs or devices through the United States Postal Service or by other delivery services to patients in the state of Indiana, then you must be registered as a non-resident pharmacy. You must apply for and obtain a nonresident pharmacy registration prior to shipping into the state of Indiana. Please read the above statute for specific registration information and requirements.
The Board shall issue a nonresident pharmacy registration to an individual who submits:
- a completed application; including your current Indiana registration number if you are applying for relocation or change of ownership
- $100 application fee (payable to Professional Licensing Agency);
- an original sample label that will be used on the medication containers; label must indicate the toll-free number for Indiana patients to call (copies are not acceptable);
- copy of the last Board inspection report by your home state board;
- list of the names, titles, and cities of residence of all corporate officers and staff pharmacists, including the pharmacists’ license number;
- verification of current license of the pharmacy and all pharmacists listed on the application; this must be official verifications from the state board of pharmacy in your home state;
- copy of your VIPPS accreditation issued by NABP, if applicable; this accreditation may be required of your pharmacy as of January 1, 2009, please see below for additional information;
- copy of your DEA permit
- name and contact information for the qualifying pharmacist (or pharmacist in charge);
- name and contact information for the responsible agent charged with receipt of information from the Board; and
- if applicable, your NCPDP (previously known as the NABP) number (if this number is pending, please make note of this and forward the information to the Board at pla4@pla.IN.gov immediately upon receipt).
Applicants must submit a $100 application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the "Professional Licensing Agency". The fee must be submitted with the application to the following:
Professional Licensing Agency
402 W Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) Requirement
As of January 1, 2009, a nonresident pharmacy that dispenses more than twenty-five percent (25%) of the pharmacy's total prescription volume as a result of an original prescription order received or solicited through the Internet must be accredited through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy's (NABP) VIPPS and shall obtain and display a seal of approval on their internet site and anywhere the pharmacy advertises. For more information regarding VIPPS, visit NABP's website.
Updated Registration Card
To receive an updated registration card, you need to verify any facility updates have been updated by using the "Search" function on our License Express website at http://www.in.gov/pla/license.htm. Upon verification of the update, you need to login at the "Order License Card" link to request and pay for a duplicate registration card. You will use the nonresident pharmacy registration number, including the "A" at the end (i.e. 6400XXXXA), as the login ID and password.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at pla4@pla.IN.gov.