Applicants will need the following documents:
You will need Adobe Reader to open these documents. Download a free copy at www.adobe.com.
"Graduate Student" means a student in the final year of course work at a chiropractic school or college.
"Supervisor" is a chiropractor licensed in the state of Indiana who acts as the direct supervisor and overseer of the educational process for the graduate student.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A GRADUATE STUDENT PERMIT
The requirements for the issuance of a graduate student permit are as follows:
- Submission of an application completed by the graduate student and the supervisor which shall include the following information:
- Name and license number of the supervisor.
- Supervisor's practice location.
- Beginning and ending dates of graduate program.
- Certification from the chiropractic school that the applicant is enrolled in the final year of course work by submission of an original school transcript or an original letter from the dean of the school.
DUTIES OF THE SUPERVISOR
The duties of the Supervisor are as follows:
- The supervisor of a graduate student shall hold an Indiana chiropractic license which is current and in good standing.
- A supervisor shall supervise no more than one (1) graduate student at any given time.
- The supervisor shall develop a training schedule in coordination with the school or college of chiropractic that will be followed by the graduate student throughout the education process.
- Chiropractors who supervise graduate students shall be exclusively responsible for the direct supervision of the graduate student.
- Upon successful completion of the educational program, the supervisor shall provide the Board with a letter stating the graduate student has completed a program from beginning date to ending date.
DUTIES OF A GRADUATE STUDENT
The duties of the Graduate Student are as follows:
- A graduate student shall not provide an independent diagnosis of a patient.
- A graduate student will be required to maintain a log of chiropractic procedures that shall be reviewed daily by the supervisor and shall be available for review by the Board at the Board's request.
FEE FOR A GRADUATE STUDENT PERMIT
There is no fee required for a graduate student permit.