View the Wednesday Word Online
If you didn't get a chance to fill out the Online survey last week:
Junior Genealogist Craft & Scavenger Hunt
Your junior genealogists are invited to a unique day of family history discover at the Indiana State Library in Indianapolis. Junior genealogists will solve a family history mystery by completing a scavenger hunt. After the scavenger hunt, young detectives are encouraged to make a family tree craft.
This free event is open to kids ages 6-12. Click HERE to register! Registration is required by Thursday, July 10, 2014.
More Library News
Library of Congress
Cunningham Memorial Library
La Porte County Public Library
Milford Public Library
Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library
Monroe County Public Library
Peru County Public Library
Free Computers from Net Literacy, ISL
Library Jobs in Indiana
Whether you are looking for that first library job or a management position, seeking part-time or full-time employment, you can find it on the ISL Continuing Education Jobs Page. This page lists positions in public, academic, and special libraries in Indiana and is updated on a regular basis. Employers can create an account and submit their job to have it posted, while job seekers can search or browse the list of available jobs.
Posting a job on the site is easy!
1) Go to the ISL Continuing Education website - Jobs page: http://continuinged.isl.in.gov/jobs/
2) Click on Submit a library job: http://continuinged.isl.in.gov/jobs/submit-job/
3) Create an account to submit a library job and to edit or delete a posting. All you have to do to create an account is enter your email address into the first box in the form: http://continuinged.isl.in.gov/jobs/submit-job/step-two/
4) Enter as much information into the rest of the form as you can. We suggest that you include the expiration date in the Description blurb however the system will automatically delete the entry 6 months after it is published.
5) Click on Preview job listing which will give you the chance to review your draft posting before you approve the final version.
6) Your final step is clicking on Submit Listing.
7) Once ISL staff approve your job, it will display on the Jobs page (see step 1). Automatic email notification that your library posting has been approved and is posted is not currently part of this process but it may be available in the future.
8) Those with an account can also log into the account to edit/delete the job entry: http://continuinged.isl.in.gov/jobs/edit_delete_entry/
Learn About the Society of Indiana Pioneers
The Society of Indiana Pioneers is a heritage organization whose mission is “to honor the memory and the work of the pioneers in Indiana.” They have developed a thirteen-minute video that explains their major goals and initiates. You can view the video in its entirety or individual sections by going to their Video web page.
Daily Reading Can Help Prevent the “Summer Slide”
The Indiana State Library, Children’s Services Consultant Suzanne Walker was recently interviewed by the Indiana News Service for an article designed to keep kids engaged over the summer months to avoid the “Summer Slide”. To read the article in its entirety click here.
INfoExpress Renewal Period
ILF Reference Division Conference
Midwest Roots 2014
Find us on:
Is Your Library
© 2014 Indiana State Library. All rights reserved. The trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Indiana State Library, 315 W. Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202. www.library.IN.gov
The Wednesday Word is a free publication of the Indiana State Library. Past issues are archived at the State Library's Newsroom.