Swan Presbyterian Church Indenture
OB5
1863
1 os folder

Return to the Alphabetical List of All Online Finding Aids

Processed by: Benjamin Clark, March 2006


Historical Note:

The Swan Presbyterian Church, also known as King Presbyterian Church of Swan Township was established by a strict group of United Presbyterians who did not wish to associate with other Presbyterian groups, so they felt it best to establish their own denomination. However, the group disbanded in 1880. The Hooper King Cemetery that was associated with the church remained in use as of 1990.

Source:
Treesh, Helen Lightfoot. Noble County Early Churches, 1830-1900. Self-published, 1999. 57.

Scope and Content Note:

This collection contains an indenture between Hiram and Catherine King pertaining to property that was transferred to the possession of Swan Presbyterian Church.


Item Listing:

OB5, folder 2.  
   
1863 Jan. 24 Swan Presbyterian Church indenture
   

Collection Information:

Size of Collection:

1 oversize folder

Collection Dates:

1863

Provenance:

Unknown

Access: This collection is open for research.

Restrictions:

None

Reproduction Rights:

Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.  Possession of a reproduction from an Indiana State Library collection does not constitute permission for use.

Language Materials are entirely in English

Alternate Formats:

None

Related Holdings:

 

Notes:

 


Photocopying Policy:

Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.