Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Blanche Liffick Morton
1917 – 1966
2 mss boxes, 1 os folder
Manuscript & Rare Books Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Brent Abercrombie, June 2011
Blanche Liffick Morton was born March 13, 1895 to William and Mary Liffick of Wabash, Clark County, Illinois. Blanche married physician Walter Phillips Morton sometime between 1920 and 1930. Blanche Liffick Morton died in Indianapolis, Indiana, July 1973.
www.ancestry.com. June 21, 2011.
The collection consists of material relating to the Women’s Overseas Service League, Red Cross, and nurses during World War 1. Included are papers and correspondence to Blanche Liffick Morton ranging from 1917 to 1966. The collection also contains several photographs taken during World War 1 in England, of Lilly Base Unit and from the W.O.S.L. National Convention in Indianapolis (1962). Additionally, there are also news-clippings, a U.S. flag, and publications: Marshal Foch Day Indianapolis and Indiana Women in the World War.
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.
Box 1. 1917 – 1966
1. Correspondence and Papers, 1918 – 1956
2. Correspondence and Papers, 1959 – 1960
3. Correspondence and Papers, 1963 – 1966
4. Card File – Nurses and Civilian Employees at Lilly Base Unit, Sept. 30, 1917 – 1919
5. Women’s Overseas Service League, 1948 – 1966
Box 2. Photographs and Publications
1. Photographs – Unit 1, England, no dates
2. Photographs – Lilly Base Unit, 1917 – 1919
3. Photographs – W.O.S.L. National Convention in Indianapolis, July 9 thru 13, 1962
4. Newspaper Clippings, 1918 – 1966
5. New York Times Pictorial Magazine
6. U.S. Army Songbook, 1918; U.S. Flag (48 stars)
7. Marshal Foch Day Indianapolis, Nov. 4, 1921
8. Indiana Women in the World War
OB82 Photographs and Certificate (3 items)
Size of Collection: 2 mss boxes, 13 folders, 1 os folder
Collection Dates: 1917 – 1966
Access : The collection is open for research use
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript and Rare Books Division, Indiana State Library.
Language: Materials are entirely in English
Alternate Formats: None
Notes: Some photographs removed from collection were added to the general picture collection in the Manuscripts and Rare Books Reading Room