Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Ric Hasse Papers
1 mss. box
Manuscript Section, Indiana Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Marcia R. Caudell, May 2006
Richard Hasse, 3 June 1916 to 16 April 1994, was a longtime Indianapolis resident. Hasse wrote and published several short stories. Hasse’s “Two Must Die” was published in the 1994 Anthology 100 Crooked Little Crime Stories and “No Rest for the Wicked” was published in the 1997 Anthology 100 Sneaky Little Sleuth Stories. Hasse also wrote under the pen name, Jud Parrish. His novel Woman of Wheels was published in 1964.
This collection consists of eight short stories, a draft of a novel, Tournament Tramp, written under the pen name Jud Parish, and notes and two chapters of an unknown novel. The collection is arranged alphabetically by story title.
1. “Be Careful, Killer!”, sold to Trogan Publishing 21 June 1950
2. “Have a Corpse on Me!” sold to Popular Publishing 8 December 1949, published in New Detective Magazine as “Two Must Die”, March 1950
3. “Homicide Hideout”
4. “It’s Murder, Little Sucker!”
5. “Marriage is Murder” sold to Popular Publishing 3 October 1949, published in Dime Detective as “Not by Blood Alone”, January 1950
6. “A Pot of Gunpowder Brew”, sold to Toronto Star Weekly 2 February 1950, published as “Tempest in Teapot Canyon”, 2 September 1950
7. “Time to Throw Lead” sold to Blazing Guns Magazine 5 September 1956
8. Tournament Tramp, Chapters 1 through 7, Ric Hasse writing as Jud Parrish
9. Tournament Tramp, Chapters 8 through 16, Ric Hasse writing as Jud Parrish
10. “An Uncle a Day”
11. Unknown novel, notes and chapters 14 and 15
Size of Collection: 1 manuscript box (11 folders)
Collection Dates: 1949-1956
Access : The collection is open for research use
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Language: Materials are entirely in English
Alternate Formats: None
Related Holdings: None