Manuscripts & Rare Books Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Philip N. Williams, 1999
In the last decade of the 19th century, Harvey, Wray & Co., builders of Harvey’s self-Feeding Attachment for clover hullers, was located at 22 Kentucky Avenue, Indianapolis, IN.
Other designer and builders of farm equipment found in Collection S3085 were F. Bramer, W. Aldrich, J.L. Buskett, C.A. Hague, and the Hoosier Drill Company.
The dated materials found in Collection S3085 extend from 1878 to 1879. Half of the items in this collection relate to farm equipment, including a disk cultivator and harrow, wheel cultivator, sulky plow, pole rake, cultivator, and clover huller. Other items in the collection include a “Legislative Directory” for the 1897 Indiana State Legislature, a post card, and a business card for a photographic studio.
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.
12 Aug. 1879 Illustration (7” x 10 ½”) of disk cultivator and harrow, invented by F. Bramer; a wheel cultivator, invented by W. Aldrich; a cultivator, invented by J. L. Buskett; and a sulk plow, invented by C.A. Hague.
5 Jan. 1893 TLS from W.S. McMulen to J.W. Vansyrac; soliciting a testimonial in behalf of Harvey’s Self-Feeding Attachment for clover hullers.
1897 “Legislative Directory”
n.d. Illustration of pole rake
n.d. Post card with photograph of two men admiring a steeplejack’s device for climbing poles
n.d. Business card of Terminal Studio, 106 W. Market Street, Indianapolis
Size of Collection: 1 folder
Collection Dates: 1879-1897
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Alternate Formats: None
Related Holdings: None