Davis, Paul A.
Manuscripts & Rare Books Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Lucinda Barnhart, August 2004
In 1876 the state of Indiana presented its residents with a new capitol building in Indianapolis. The building originally held a slate roof that was later replaced with a copper roof in 1896. Eighty years later, in 1976, the roof was replaced with a new copper cladding.
This collection contains a souvenir copper disc from the first copper roof of the Indiana State Capitol Building. The souvenir envelope is marked with the official Indiana State Seal.
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.
1896. Copper disc from first copper roof of the Indiana State Capitol Building.
Size of Collection: 1 folder
Collection Dates: 1896
Provenance: Paul A. Davis, 19 Dec. 1976
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Alternate Formats: None
Related Holdings: None