Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
The Vietnam Women’s Memorial Project, Inc.
L548, OBD37 folder 1
2 mss boxes, 1 OBD folder (4 items)
Manuscripts & Rare Books Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Alison Smith, December 2007
The Vietnam Women’s Memorial Project, Inc. began in Indiana as a grassroots fundraising project in the early 1980’s. The purpose of the venture was to finance the construction of a monument commemorating nurses who served in the Vietnam War. The goal of the organization was to place the memorial near the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial in Washington D.C. in order to educate the public about women who served in the war.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the mission of the organization. Included are financial records, public relation and fundraising activities, and volunteering information. The collection also contains materials relating to Theodora Brown, the former executive director. Included is information from her daily journals, personal correspondence, and employment. There are also newspaper clippings, brochures, photographs, and four posters related to the project and other groups honoring veterans from other wars.
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.
1. Mission of the Vietnam Women’s Memorial Project, Inc., 1984, 1987
2. Mission of the Vietnam Women’s Memorial Project, Inc., 1984,1987
3. Financial Records, 1987-1989
4. Board of Directors Information, 1989
5. Fundraising Activities, 1986-1989
6. Fundraising Activities, 1989
7. Public Relations, 1987-1988
8. Public Relations, 1988-1989
9. Logo Design Ideas, 1989
10. Benefit Contributions, Circa 1987
11. Volunteering Activities, 1986-1987
12. Various Invoices, 1988-1989
13. Transcript of the Meeting of the National Planning Commission, 1989
1. Materials Regarding Theodora M. Brown’s Employment, 1989-1990
2. Theodora M. Brown’s Daily Journal, 1987-1988
3. Theodora M. Brown’s Daily Journal, 1987,1989
4. Theodora M. Brown’s Daily Journal, 1989
5. Theodora M. Brown’s Personal Correspondence, 1986-1990
6. Certificate of Recognition for Theodora M. Brown, 1989
7. Mary Theresa Klinker Information, 1985,1987-1988
8. Ephemera, 1986-1989
9. Articles about Women in Combat, 1981,1988
10. Newspaper Clippings, 1984-1987
11. Newspaper Clippings, 1988-1990
12. War Memorial Brochures, Circa 1988
13. Photographs, Circa 1988
Size of Collection: 2 mss boxes, 1 OBD folder
Collection Dates: 1981, 1984-1990
Provenance: Theodora Brown, January 2007
Access : The collection is open for research use
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Language: Materials are entirely in English
Alternate Formats: None
Related Holdings: None