Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Millicent Guthrie Horseman Papers
c 1870, 1910, 1922-1947
1 mss. box
Manuscripts & Rare Books Division
Indiana State Library
Processed by: Andrea Bean Hough, 1998
Reprocessed by: Alison Smith, 2007
Millicent Guthrie was a nurse at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. She married M.A. Horseman sometime after 1933.
The material in this collection deal primarily with Mrs. Horseman’s nursing career in Indianapolis. Included are clippings, programs, correspondence, fact sheets and other materials that focus on Methodist Episcopal Hospital particularly the Alumnae Association of the Methodist Hospital of School of Nursing and the Division of Graduate Nurses Service, The Indiana State Nurses’ Association. Other materials in the collection concentrate on wartime living, including rent controls and various household financial activities. The collection is organized by subject and not chronologically because there is a variety of a different material.
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.
1. Nursing Related Materials, 1927, 1933-1934
2. Correspondence, 1926,1929,1933,1937,1942,1947
3. Household Finance Materials,1922,1925,1930,1932-1936
4. Household Finance Materials,1937-1938,1940,1942-1946
5. Organization and Club Information,1931-1937,1940-1942
6. Division Of Graduate Nursing Service Information,1933-1935,1938
7. Alumnae Association of the M.E. Hospital School of Nursing1932-1939,1942
8. Indiana State Nurses’ Association,1932-1936,1939,1942
9. Footprints and ID tags for Mrs. Doris Keilman and Baby Keilman,1928
10. Tintype of unknown woman,1870
11. Business Cards and Various Clippings,1910,1930,1936-1937,1940,1945
12. Various Letter Head and Newspaper Clippings,1926,1928-1929,1937,1942,1944,
13. Home Repair and Vacation Pamphlet, c1940
Size of Collection: 1 manuscript box (13 folders)
Collection Dates: c 1870, 1910, 1922-1947
Access : The collection is open for research use
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Language: Materials are entirely in English
Alternate Formats: None
Related Holdings: None