|Burial & Cemetery Information||War of 1812||Civil War Sources||Korean War|
|Military Records at the National Archives||Military and Veterans History||Vietnam||World War II|
- American Battle Monuments Commission
- National Gravesite Locator Searchable database for veteran and their dependents in VA National Cemeteries, state veterans cemeteries, and various other Department of Interior and military cemeteries
- War of 1812 Collection This collection consists of Muster, pay and receipt rolls of Indiana territory volunteers or militia of the period of the War of 1812.
- Civil War Battles by State
- Civil War -Governor Morton Telegraph Books
- Civil War Links Many links to Civil War topics; produced by Cyndi's List.
- Civil War Records at the National Archives Research guide from the National Archives.
- Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System Name Index that contains information on both Union and Confederate soldiers.
- Confederate Pension Records Links Resources pertaining to confederate pensions.
- Illinois Civil War Muster and Descriptive Rolls
- Illinois Civil War Veterans of Missouri Units
- Illinois Civil War Veterans Serving in the U.S. Navy
- Indiana Regiments in the Civil War
- New York State Civil War Soldier Database
- Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War of the Rebellion (After you access the Cornell page, scroll to the bottom of the page, the link is under Cornell University's MoA Multivolume Monographs.) This set was published for the navies and is comparable to the War of the Rebellion: a Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies series. This is a 31 volume set that has been digitized and is available online. You can search the entire series, or browse by volume.
- War of the Rebellion: a Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies (After you access the Cornell page, scroll to the bottom of the page, the link is under Cornell University's MoA Multivolume Monographs.) Before the end of the Civil War, the US government began collecting all army field reports, battle correspondence, tactical plans, communications, military orders, and memorandum which had been written as the military operations of the War transpired. These documents have been published as a 128 volume set that has been divided into 4 series. The set has been digitized and is available online. You can search the entire series, or browse by volume.
- State-level Lists of Casualties from the Korean War (1951-1957) U.S. Military personnel who died from hostile action in the Korean War. This includes missing and those who were captured and declared dead.
- Access to Military Service & Pension Records Explains what military records are available at the National Archives, and the procedure for requesting records.
- How to Request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service Explains what military records are available at the National Archives, and the procedure for requesting records
- Order Forms Allows you to electronically request order forms from the National Archives for the following records: Military Pension/Bounty Land Warrant Applications (NATF 85); Military Service Records, (NATF 86); Request Pertaining to Military Records, (SF 180).
- Pre WWI Military Service Records Helpful information for requesting military service records for veterans prior to WWI.
- Naval History and Heritage Command
- United States Army Heritage and Education Center - includes Digitized Photographs & Art, Finding Aids, Military Publications/Manuals, and Reference Bibliographies & Databases.
- Veteran's History Project - Part of the Library of Congress American Folk life Center; entries include Biographical Information for Veterans as well as types of information contained in the collection pertaining to that veteran.
- State-level Lists of Casualties from the Vietnam conflict (1956-) U.S. Military personnel who died as a result of the Vietnam conflict. This includes missing and those who were captured and declared dead.
- Vietnam-Era Prisoner-of-War/Missing-in-Action Database
World War II
- World War II Holdings National Archives
- World War II Army Enlistment Records National Archives ARC database, documenting the period ca. 1938-1946
- Records of World War II Prisoners of War National Archives ARC database
- Records About Japanese Americans Relocated During World War II National Archives ARC database, documenting the period 1942-1946
- Records of Duty Location of for Naval Intelligence Personnel National Archives ARC database, documenting the period 1942-1945
- State Summary of War Casualties from World War II for Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Personnel
- World War II Honor List of Dead and Missing Army and Army Air Forces Personnel
- Military Resources: World War II
GEN DB 1-19-2017