3. Restrict "Pay to play" for fair competition in awarding state contracts.
- Persons with contracts with state government or who bid on contracts with state government may not make
political contributions to an individual who holds a state office or is a candidate for a state office.
- Requires persons with contracts with state government or who bid on contracts with state government to
register with the Department of Administration.
- Requires the Dept. of Administration to make the information about registrants available in a searchable
database on the Indiana OpenGov web site.
- Contractors or bidders who violate the statutes may have their contracts voided.
- State employees in the executive branch who have purchasing or procurement authority may not solicit political
contributions unless the soliciting individual is a candidate for public office.
1. One stop online public access to track taxpayer dollars in state budgets, spending and contracts.
2. Corporate accountability for state economic development incentives.
Return to Indiana Open Government Initiative Home >