1. One stop online public access to track taxpayer dollars in state budgets, spending and contracts.
- Requires the Indiana Department of Administration to establish and maintain a searchable web site accessible to
the public providing state budget and spending information, including:
- State economic development tax incentives, grants and recapture activities.
- Lists the organizations receiving each type of assistance, amount of the assistance, the number of jobs
created/retained, employee pay, and other ways the entity used the funds.
- Also lists the number of organizations in violation of their agreement, and the number of initiated and
- Awarded state contracts and bidding opportunities, expenditures, and salaries information outlined at the program
level within each agency or office.
- Allows users to view information on ARRA awards and contains information on upcoming funding
- Quarterly and annual reports comparing program budget to actual expenses and cuts to date from each
agency or office.
- Allows individuals to search data with a single query or through by common-sense categories: recipient, amount,
legislative district, granting agency, purpose, or keyword.
- Links to the State Budget Agency budget information.
- Establishes a budget tutorial to shed light on the state budget process.
- Allows individuals to track and comment on administrative rules that are being proposed or reviewed by the
state's agencies and offices.
2. Corporate accountability for state economic development incentives.
3. Restrict "Pay to play" for fair competition in awarding state contracts.
Return to Indiana Open Government Initiative Home >