• Democrat.SenateLanane on State of the State: Real proposals deserve details (view)
  • Democrat.SenateLanane to Pence: Keep focus on issues that build Indiana, not divide (view)

   More News

Visit The Statehouse.
Senate Democratic Caucus
Indiana General Assembly
200 W. Washington
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(800) 382-9467
(317) 233-4275 fax

Request Assistance and Share Your Concerns

In 2007 the Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) began the privatization of eligibility determination for all welfare benefits in Indiana, including food stamps, Medicaid and TANF. The new system, which has been implemented in 59 of the state's 92 counties, asks Hoosiers to submit benefit application and renewal information online or by phone instead of in person at the local FSSA office.

If you have recently had trouble applying for new benefits or in renewing existing benefits, your State Senator may be able to help resolve the problem with FSSA. Please be specific in your comments if you would like further assistance or if you wish to simply share your comments with the senator.

Please choose your State Senator from our list of caucus members to send your comments.

Send your Comments to the Federal Government

If you have complaints regarding the provision of these benefits, we encourage you to also notify the appropriate federal agencies. Since the Food Stamp, Medicaid and TANF benefits are administered at the state level, the federal agencies will not be able to solve any immediate problems that you may experience with your benefits. However, they are monitoring how the changes in Indiana's system are affecting Hoosiers and your comments may impact any future changes to the system.

Food Stamps

For complaints regarding the Food Stamps program, you should write, fax, or e-mail the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In your letter, please include that you are writing in reference to "§7 CFR 271.6."

Write to:
Tim English
Regional Administrator Associate
USDA Food and Nutrition Service
77 West Jackson Boulevard, 20th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604-3507
Fax: 312-353-1533

For complaints regarding Medicaid, you should write, fax, or e-mail the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

Write to:
Leslie Campbell
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
233 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 600
Chicago, IL, 60601
(312) 353-1557
(312) 353-3866 (fax)

For complaints regarding TANF, you should write, fax, or e-mail the Administration for Children and Families.

Write to:
Joyce Jackson
Administration for Children and Families
Chicago Regional Office
233 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60601-5519
312-353-4237 phone
312-353-2204 Fax