The Commission was created to do the following:
(1) Study the investment and management practices of the boards of the public retirement funds.
(2) Determine what constitutes adequate wage replacement levels at retirement (including benefits from public retirement funds and social security) for public employees.
(3) Study the impact of federal law and proposals concerning pensions, annuities, and retirement benefits.
(4) Study the public safety officers retirement funds established under IC 36-8.
(5) Study methods and levels of funding for public retirement plans.
The commission is charged with studying these additional study topic:
A. Funding status for police and fire pension funds (SCR 64)
B. Review of state's deferred compensation program (Legislative Council)