Legislative Council Resolution 2-1998 established the Interim Study Committee on Health Issues
and assigned the following charges to the Committee:
(1) Study effects on consumers of changes in prescriptions of narrow therapeutic index drugs from one manufacturer of the drug to another.
(2) Study the use by health care providers of powdered latex gloves.
(3) Analyze issues relating to hospices.
(4) Study certification and compliance standards for narcotic treatment programs.
(5) Study HIV testing of newborns.
(6) Study changes that have been made in the state employee health insurance program during the past ten years, including changes in costs to participants, covered services, claims payments and other program administrative matters. Gather comparative information concerning the state employee health program in other states.