The Environmental Quality Service Council (EQSC) is required to do the following:
(1) Advise the Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) on policy issues decided upon by the EQSC.
(2) Review the mission and goals of IDEM and evaluate the implementation of the mission.
(3) Serve as a council of the General Assembly to evaluate:
(A) resources and structural capabilities of IDEM to meet IDEM's priorities; and
(B) program requirements and resource requirements for IDEM.
(4) Serve as a forum for citizens, the regulated community, and legislators to discuss broad policy directions.
(5) Submit a final report to the Governor, the General Assembly, the Budget Committee, and the Administrative Rules Oversight Committee each year that contains:
(A) an outline of activities of the EQSC;
(B) recommendations for any IDEM action;
(C) recommendations for any legislative action; and
(D) an estimate of funding levels required by IDEM, including an evaluation of permit fees.