Sec. 2. (a) A person qualifying under section 1 of this chapter may not be:
(1) charged a fee for parking in a metered space; or
(2) assessed a penalty for parking in a metered space for longer than the time permitted.
(b) This section does not authorize parking of a motor vehicle in a parking place during a time when parking in the space is prohibited if the prohibition is:
(1) posted; and
(A) by ordinances in cities and towns; or
(B) by order of the Indiana department of transportation.
(c) A person other than the owner of the motor vehicle displaying a disabled Hoosier veteran license plate authorized by this chapter is
not entitled to the parking privileges authorized by this section.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.6-2009, SEC.3; P.L.87-2010, SEC.13.
Implementation and administration of chapter
Sec. 3. The bureau:
(1) may design and issue disabled Hoosier veteran license plates to implement this chapter; and
(2) shall administer this chapter relating to proper certification for a person applying for a disabled Hoosier veteran license plate.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.87-2010, SEC.14.
(Repealed by P.L.107-2013, SEC.4.)
Sec. 5. The disabled Hoosier veteran license plates authorized under this chapter shall be issued by the bureau for any classification of vehicle required to be registered under Indiana law, but the license plate may not be used for commercial vehicles.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.87-2010, SEC.16.
(Repealed by P.L.87-2010, SEC.41.)
Design of plate
Sec. 7. A disabled Hoosier veteran license plate must be gold in color with blue lettering and contain the following:
(1) Identification numerals.
(2) The words "Disabled Hoosier Veteran".
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.87-2010, SEC.17.