Chapter 1. Application
Application of certain amendments to chapter
Sec. 0.1. The amendments made to section 3 of this chapter by P.L.222-2005 apply only to a contract entered into or renewed after May 11, 2005.
As added by P.L.220-2011, SEC.100.
Applicability of article
Sec. 1. Except as provided in this chapter, this article applies to every expenditure of public funds by a governmental body.
As added by P.L.49-1997, SEC.1.
Nonapplicability of article
Sec. 2. Except as provided in this article, this article does not apply to the following:
(1) The commission for higher education.
(2) A state educational institution. However, IC 5-22-5-9 and IC 5-22-15 apply to a state educational institution.
(3) Military officers and military and armory boards of the state.
(4) An entity established by the general assembly as a body corporate and politic. However, IC 5-22-15 applies to a body corporate and politic.
(5) A local hospital authority under IC 5-1-4.
(6) A municipally owned utility under IC 8-1-11.1 or IC 8-1.5.
(7) Hospitals established and operated under IC 16-22-1 through IC 16-22-5, IC 16-22-8, IC 16-23-1, or IC 16-24-1.
(8) A library board under IC 36-12-3-16(b).
(9) A local housing authority under IC 36-7-18.
(10) Tax exempt Indiana nonprofit corporations leasing and operating a city market owned by a political subdivision.
(11) A person paying for a purchase or lease with funds other than public funds.
(12) A person that has entered into an agreement with a governmental body under IC 5-23.
(13) A municipality for the operation of municipal facilities used for the collection, treatment, purification, and disposal in a sanitary manner of liquid and solid waste, sewage, night soil, and industrial waste.
Excluded items; exceptions
Sec. 3. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), this article does not apply to the following types of activities:
(1) A contract between governmental bodies except for a contract authorized under this article.
(2) A public works project.
(3) A collective bargaining agreement between a governmental body and its employees.
(4) The employment relationship between a governmental body and an employee of the governmental body.
(5) An investment of public funds.
(6) A contract between a governmental body and a body corporate and politic.
(7) A contract for social services.
(8) A contract with a body corporate and politic.
(b) IC 5-22-3-7 applies to any:
(4) employment relationship; or
described in subsection (a).
As added by P.L.49-1997, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.165-2005, SEC.1 and P.L.222-2005, SEC.24.