Gambling equipment and supplies; distribution
Sec. 2. (a) A person holding a supplier's license may sell, lease, and contract to sell or lease gambling equipment and supplies to a licensee or an operating agent involved in the ownership or management of riverboat gambling operations.
(b) Gambling supplies and equipment may not be distributed unless the gambling supplies and equipment conform to standards adopted by the commission.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124. Amended by P.L.92-2003, SEC.32.
Restrictions on issuance of license
Sec. 3. A person may not receive a supplier's license if:
(1) the person has been convicted of a felony under Indiana law, the laws of any other state, or laws of the United States;
(2) the person has knowingly or intentionally submitted an application for a license under this chapter that contains false information;
(3) the person is a member of the commission;
(4) the person is an officer, a director, or a managerial employee
of a person described in subdivision (1) or (2);
(5) the person employs an individual who:
(A) is described in subdivision (1), (2), or (3); and
(B) participates in the management or operation of gambling operations authorized under this article;
(6) the person owns more than a ten percent (10%) ownership interest in:
(A) any other person holding an owner's license; or
(B) an operating agent contract;
issued under this article; or
(7) a license issued to the person:
(A) under this article; or
(B) to supply gaming supplies in another jurisdiction;
has been revoked.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124. Amended by P.L.92-2003, SEC.33.
Necessity of license; exception
Sec. 4. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a person may not furnish any equipment, devices, or supplies to a riverboat gambling operation unless the person possesses a supplier's license.
(b) A person holding a valid permit under IC 7.1 to deal in alcoholic beverages may supply alcoholic beverages to a riverboat gambling operation without possessing a supplier's license. A person authorized to supply alcoholic beverages under this subsection must comply with IC 7.1.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124. Amended by P.L.28-1996, SEC.1.
Sale or lease of equipment, devices, and supplies; information furnished to commission
Sec. 5. (a) A supplier shall furnish to the commission a list of all equipment, devices, and supplies offered for sale or lease in connection with gambling games authorized under this article.
(b) A supplier shall keep books and records for the furnishing of equipment, devices, and supplies to gambling operations separate from books and records of any other business operated by the supplier.
(c) A supplier shall file a quarterly return with the commission listing all sales and leases.
(d) A supplier shall permanently affix the supplier's name to all of the supplier's equipment, devices, and supplies for riverboat gambling operations.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124.
Forfeiture of equipment, devices, or supplies
Sec. 6. A supplier's equipment, devices, or supplies that are used
by a person in an unauthorized gambling operation shall be forfeited
to the state.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124.
Repair of equipment, devices, and supplies
Sec. 7. Gambling equipment, devices, and supplies that are provided by a supplier may be:
(1) repaired on a riverboat; or
(2) removed for repair from the riverboat to a facility owned by a licensed owner or an operating agent.
As added by P.L.277-1993(ss), SEC.124. Amended by P.L.92-2003, SEC.34.
License renewal; compliance investigations; gambling games at racetracks; deductions
Sec. 8. (a) Unless a supplier's license is suspended, expires, or is revoked, the supplier's license may be renewed annually upon:
(1) the payment of a seven thousand five hundred dollar ($7,500) annual renewal fee; and
(2) a determination by the commission that the licensee is in compliance with this article.
(b) The holder of a supplier's license shall undergo a complete investigation every three (3) years to determine that the licensee is in compliance with this article.
(c) Notwithstanding subsection (b), the commission may investigate the holder of a supplier's license at any time the commission determines it is necessary to ensure that the licensee is in compliance with this article.
(d) The holder of a supplier's license shall bear the cost of an investigation or reinvestigation of the licensee and any investigation resulting from a potential transfer of ownership.
(e) A person who on June 30, 2009:
(1) held a supplier's license under IC 4-35-6; and
(2) did not hold a supplier's license under this chapter;
may obtain a renewal of the supplier's license under this chapter.
(f) A license renewed and held under this chapter after June 30, 2009, satisfies the requirements of IC 4-35-6-1 with respect to suppliers for gambling games conducted at racetracks (as defined in IC 4-35-2-9).
(g) This subsection applies to a supplier described in subsection (e) who applies for a renewal under this chapter. If the supplier's application is approved by the commission, the supplier is entitled to deduct the product of the following from the renewal fee due under subsection (a):
(1) six hundred twenty-five dollars ($625); multiplied by
(2) the number of months remaining on the annual license issued to the supplier under IC 4-35-6 when that license was terminated on July 1, 2009.