Sec. 1.5. As used in this chapter, "endorsement contract" means an agreement under which a student athlete is employed or receives consideration to use, on behalf of the other party, any value that the student athlete may have because of publicity, reputation, following, or fame obtained because of athletic ability or performance. The term includes the value of any part of the student athlete's right of publicity (as defined in IC 32-36-1-7).
As added by P.L.54-2001, SEC.8. Amended by P.L.1-2003, SEC.96.
"Professional sports services contract"
Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, "professional sports services contract" means a contract or agreement in which a person is employed or agrees to render services:
(1) as a player on a professional sports team;
(2) as a professional athlete; or
(3) with a professional sports organization.
As added by P.L.184-1988, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.54-2001, SEC.9.
Sec. 3. As used in this chapter, "student athlete" means a person who is:
(1) enrolled or intends to enroll in a course of study in a public or private college or university; and
(2) eligible to engage in, or may be eligible in the future to engage in, an intercollegiate sporting event, contest, exhibition, or program for the college or university in which the person is enrolled or intends to enroll.
As added by P.L.184-1988, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.54-2001, SEC.10.