IC 31-33-24-15 Version a
Data collection; annual report
Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2013. See also following repeal of this chapter, effective 7-1-2013.
Sec. 15. (a) The department shall collect and document information surrounding the deaths of children reviewed by local child fatality review teams. The department shall develop a data collection form that includes:
(1) identifying and nonidentifying information;
(2) information regarding the circumstances surrounding a death;
(3) factors contributing to a death; and
(4) findings and recommendations that include the following information:
(A) Whether similar future deaths could be prevented.
(B) A list of:
(i) agencies and entities that should be involved; and
(ii) any other resources that should be used;
to adequately prevent future child deaths in the region.
(C) A regional strategy that should be implemented to prevent future child deaths.
(b) The data collection form developed under this section must be provided to the following:
(1) The appropriate community child protection team.
(2) The chairperson of the statewide child fatality review committee.
(3) The chairperson of a local child fatality review team.
(c) Each local child fatality review team shall, using the form established under this section, report to the department the findings for each fatality that the local child fatality review team reviews.
(d) The department shall annually prepare a report of all child fatalities in Indiana that are the result of child abuse or neglect. The report must include the following information:
(1) A summary of the information gathered under subsection (a) for all child abuse or neglect fatalities.
(2) Demographic information regarding victims, perpetrators, and households involved in child abuse or neglect fatalities.
(3) An analysis of the primary risk factors involved in child abuse or neglect fatalities.
(4) A summary of the most frequent causes of child abuse or neglect fatalities.
(5) A description of the manner in which the data was assembled.
The department shall post the report prepared under this subsection on the department's Internet web site.
IC 31-33-24 Version b
(Repealed by P.L.119-2013, SEC.13; P.L.205-2013, SEC.356.)
Note: This repeal of chapter effective 7-1-2013. See also preceding version of this section, effective until 7-1-2013.