Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency
Chapter 4. Prohibited Activities
Sec. 1. A discount medical card program organization may not do
(1) Use the following in the discount medical card program
organization's advertisements, marketing materials, brochures,
or discount cards:
(A) The term "insurance", except as:
(i) a disclaimer of a relationship between discount medical
card program benefits and insurance;
(ii) a description of an insurance product connected with
a discount medical card program; or
(iii) otherwise provided in this article.
(B) The terms "health plan", "coverage", "copay",
"copayment", "preexisting condition", "guaranteed issue",
"portability", "premium", "underwriting", or another term
that could reasonably mislead a person to believe that a
discount medical card program is health insurance.
(2) Implement restrictions on cardholder access to program
providers, including waiting periods and notification periods.
(3) Pay a provider a fee for medical services.
(4) Collect or accept money from a cardholder for payment to
a provider for medical services furnished to the cardholder
unless the discount medical card program organization is an
administrator licensed under IC 27-1-25.
(5) Make misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent representations
regarding the discount, range of discounts, or access to the
range of discounts offered by the discount medical card
(6) List, market, promote, or advertise a physician licensed
under IC 25-22.5 as a program provider without the express
written consent of the physician.
As added by P.L.73-2006, SEC.3.