Sec. 2. The following persons are exempt from this article:
(1) An employee or a subordinate of a person who holds a certificate of registration under this article if the practice of the employee or subordinate does not include responsible charge of design or supervision.
(2) An officer or employee of the United States government while engaged in Indiana in the practice of surveying for the United States government.
As added by P.L.23-1991, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.57-2013, SEC.48.
Surveying on privately owned or leased property; registration
Sec. 3. This article does not require registration for the purpose of practicing surveying by a person, firm, or corporation on property owned or leased by the person, firm, or corporation unless the practice involves the following:
(1) Public health or safety.
(2) The health or safety of the employees of the person, firm, or corporation.
(3) Activities excluded from the definition of the practice of surveying under IC 25-21.5-1-7(b)(4) through IC 25-21.5-1-7(b)(8).
As added by P.L.23-1991, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.57-2013, SEC.49.
Sec. 4. (a) If an individual is licensed as a land surveyor on June 30, 2013, under this article:
(1) the individual is considered to be licensed as a professional surveyor on July 1, 2013; and
(2) the state board of registration for professional surveyors shall issue a license to the individual under this article.