Contents of notification
Sec. 2. The notification required under section 1 of this chapter must include the following:
(1) The name of the lessor.
(2) The name in which business is transacted if different from subdivision (1).
(3) The address of the principal office, which may be outside Indiana.
(4) The address of all offices or stores, if any, in Indiana at which rental purchase agreements are made.
(5) If rental purchase agreements are made in a place other than an office or retail store in Indiana, a brief description of the manner in which they are made.
(6) The address of the designated agent upon whom service of process may be made in Indiana.
(7) Other information required by the director of the department.
As added by P.L.254-1987, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.35-2010, SEC.93.
Sec. 3. If information in a notification becomes inaccurate after filing, no further notification is required until the lessor is required to file a subsequent notification under section 1 of this chapter.
As added by P.L.254-1987, SEC.1.
Fees; costs of examination by department; late fees
Sec. 4. (a) A lessor required to file a notification with the department under section 1 of this chapter shall pay to the department the following fees:
(1) A fee fixed by the department under IC 28-11-3-5 with the initial notification filed with the department.
(2) A fee fixed by the department under IC 28-11-3-5 for each
place of business operated by the lessor on December 31 of the
preceding year with each annual notification subsequently filed
with the department.
(b) In addition to the fee required under subsection (a)(2), if the department examines the books and records of the lessor, the lessor shall pay to the department all reasonably incurred costs of the examination in accordance with the fee schedule adopted by the department under IC 28-11-3-5.
(c) The department may impose a fee fixed by the department under IC 28-11-3-5 for each day a lessor is late in:
(1) submitting the information required under IC 24-7-8-2; or
(2) paying a fee under subsection (a) or (b).
As added by P.L.254-1987, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.138-1990, SEC.14; P.L.14-1992, SEC.64; P.L.45-1995, SEC.19; P.L.10-2006, SEC.23 and P.L.57-2006, SEC.23; P.L.35-2010, SEC.94; P.L.27-2012, SEC.31.