Contents of notification
Sec. 2. The notification required under section 1 of this chapter must include the following:
(1) The name of the lessor.
(2) The name in which business is transacted if different from subdivision (1).
(3) The address of the principal office, which may be outside Indiana.
(4) The address of all offices or stores, if any, in Indiana at which rental purchase agreements are made.
(5) If rental purchase agreements are made in a place other than an office or retail store in Indiana, a brief description of the manner in which they are made.
(6) The address of the designated agent upon whom service of process may be made in Indiana.
(7) Other information required by the director of the department.
As added by P.L.254-1987, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.35-2010, SEC.93.
Sec. 3. After a lessor has filed an initial or a subsequent notification under section 1 of this chapter, the lessor shall notify the department not later than thirty (30) days after:
(1) the lessor has a change in name or address;
(2) the lessor opens a new office or store, closes an existing office or store, or relocates an existing office or store;
(3) the lessor files for bankruptcy or reorganization; or
(4) the lessor is notified that the lessor is subject to revocation or suspension proceedings by a state or governmental authority with respect to the lessor's rental purchase activities.
As added by P.L.254-1987, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.216-2013, SEC.15.
Directors, executive officers, Indiana store managers; criminal background checks
Sec. 5. Before appointing or hiring any director, executive officer, or Indiana store manager, a lessor must perform a criminal background check on the candidate and retain, until the department's next examination of the lessor is completed, records of the background check in the lessor's files.
As added by P.L.216-2013, SEC.16.