ARTICLE 4.7. TELEPHONE SOLICITATION OF
Chapter 1. General Provisions
Sec. 1. This article does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A telephone call made in response to an express request of
the person called.
(2) A telephone call made primarily in connection with an
existing debt or contract for which payment or performance has
not been completed at the time of the call.
(3) A telephone call made on behalf of a charitable organization
that is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501
of the Internal Revenue Code, but only if all of the following
(A) The telephone call is made by a volunteer or an
employee of the charitable organization.
(B) The telephone solicitor who makes the telephone call
immediately discloses all of the following information upon
making contact with the consumer:
(i) The solicitor's true first and last name.
(ii) The name, address, and telephone number of the
(4) A telephone call made by an individual licensed under
IC 25-34.1 if:
(A) the sale of goods or services is not completed; and
(B) the payment or authorization of payment is not required;
until after a face to face sales presentation by the seller.
(5) A telephone call made by an individual licensed under
IC 27-1-15.6 or IC 27-1-15.8 when the individual is soliciting
an application for insurance or negotiating a policy of insurance
on behalf of an insurer (as defined in IC 27-1-2-3).
(6) A telephone call soliciting the sale of a newspaper of
general circulation, but only if the telephone call is made by a
volunteer or an employee of the newspaper.
As added by P.L.189-2001, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.97-2004,
Compliance with other law
Sec. 2. This article does not relieve a person from complying with
any other applicable law.
As added by P.L.189-2001, SEC.1.