Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency
Chapter 6. Student Safety Reporting
School corporation reports; department reports
Sec. 1. (a) By July 1 of each year, each school corporation shall
submit a report to the department detailing the following information
for the current school year for each school in the school corporation
and for the entire school corporation:
(1) The number of arrests of students on school corporation
property, including arrests made by law enforcement officers,
security guards, school safety specialists, and other school
corporation employees, and any citizen arrests.
(2) The offenses for which students were arrested on school
(3) The number of contacts with law enforcement personnel
from a school corporation employee that have resulted in arrests
of students not on school corporation property.
(4) Statistics concerning the age, race, and gender of students
arrested on school corporation property and categorizing the
statistics by offenses.
(5) Whether the school corporation has established and employs
a school corporation police department under IC 20-26-16, and
if so, report:
(A) the number of officers in the school corporation police
(B) the training the officers must complete.
(6) If the school corporation employs private security guards to
enforce rules or laws on school property, a detailed explanation
of the use of private security guards by the school corporation.
(7) If the school corporation has an agreement with a local law
enforcement agency regarding procedures to arrest students on
school property, a detailed explanation of the use of the local
law enforcement agency by the school corporation.
(b) By August 1 of each year, the department shall submit a report
(1) the legislative council;
(2) the education roundtable established by IC 20-19-4-2;
(3) the board for the coordination of programs serving
vulnerable individuals established by IC 4-23-30.2-8; and
(4) the criminal justice institute;
providing a summary of the reports submitted to the department
under subsection (a). The report to the legislative council must be in
an electronic format under IC 5-14-6.
(c) By August 1 of each year, the department must post the reports
described in subsections (a) and (b) on the department's Internet web
As added by P.L.74-2010, SEC.3.