School employee not required to join or financially support school employee organization
Sec. 2. (a) A school employee may not be required to join or financially support through the payment of:
(1) fair share fees;
(2) representation fees;
(3) professional fees; or
(4) other fees;
a school employee organization.
(b) A rule, regulation, or contract provision requiring financial support from a school employee to a school employee organization is void.
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.13.
Responsibilities of school employers
Sec. 3. School employers have the responsibility and authority to manage and direct on behalf of the public the operations and activities of the school corporation to the full extent authorized by law, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Direct the work of the school employer's employees.
(2) Establish policy through procedures established in IC 20-29-6-4 and IC 20-29-6-5.
(3) Hire, promote, demote, transfer, assign, and retain employees.
(4) Suspend or discharge employees in accordance with applicable law through procedures established under state law.
(5) Maintain the efficiency of school operations.
(6) Relieve employees from duties because of lack of work or other legitimate reason through procedures established in IC 20-29-6-4, IC 20-29-6-5, and IC 20-29-6-7.
(7) Take actions necessary to carry out the mission of the public
schools as provided by law.
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.48-2011, SEC.9.