Sec. 2. (a) The advisory council consists of seven (7) members appointed by the governor.
(b) Not more than four (4) members may be of the same political party.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.95-2006, SEC.2; P.L.133-2012, SEC.168.
Terms of members
Sec. 3. The term of a member of a council is three (3) years. The terms must be staggered so that the terms of not more than three (3) members may expire in a year.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.133-2012, SEC.169.
Filling of vacancies
Sec. 4. A vacancy on a council caused by a reason other than an expired term shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2.
Sec. 5. The members are entitled to receive traveling expenses that are necessarily incident to the performance of official functions.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.95-2006, SEC.3.
Sec. 6. The advisory council:
(1) shall hold a meeting in January of each calendar year; and
(2) may hold meetings at the call of the chairperson.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.95-2006, SEC.4; P.L.133-2012, SEC.170.
Chairpersons and officers
Sec. 7. During the meeting held in January of each calendar year, the advisory council shall elect the following:
(1) A chairperson and vice chairperson.
(2) Any other officer needed to carry out the business of the advisory council.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.95-2006, SEC.5; P.L.133-2012, SEC.171.
Action in advisory capacity
Sec. 8. (a) The advisory council shall act in an advisory capacity to the department and the commission with respect to the bureaus on matters pertaining to the following:
(2) Administration of all programs and facilities under the control and management of the bureau.
(3) The programs conducted by the department in the areas served by the bureau.
(b) The advisory council may not act in any capacity on specific license or permit applications.
As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.95-2006, SEC.6.