Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency
ARTICLE 26. REGIONAL WATER, SEWAGE, AND
SOLID WASTE DISTRICTS
Chapter 1. Purposes of Regional Districts
Water supply; collection, treatment, disposal of sewage, solid
waste, and refuse
Sec. 1. Any area may be established as a regional water, sewage,
or solid waste district under this article for one (1) or more of the
(1) To provide a water supply for domestic, industrial, and
public use to users inside and outside the district.
(2) To provide for the collection, treatment, and disposal of
sewage inside and outside the district.
(3) To provide for the collection, treatment, and disposal of
solid waste and refuse inside and outside the district.
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.16.
Petition to increase board of trustees membership, add to, modify
or abandon purposes or plan
Sec. 2. (a) At any time after the creation of a district, the district,
after motion by the district's board, may file a petition with the
department requesting the approval of the department permitting the
(1) increase or add to the district's purposes or modify the
district plan approved by the department;
(2) abandon or surrender all or part of a purpose or plan
approved by the department; or
(3) subject to IC 13-26-4-1, increase the number of persons
serving on the board of trustees.
(b) The department may:
(2) modify and approve; or
a request received under this section.
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.16. Amended by P.L.101-2003, SEC.1.