Required provisions, goals, and criteria
Sec. 2. The state plan must provide for solid waste management in Indiana for the twenty (20) years following the adoption of the state plan. The state plan must include the following, in order of priority:
(1) The establishment of voluntary statewide goals for source reduction.
(2) The establishment of criteria for alternatives to final disposal, including the following:
(C) The availability of markets.
(3) The establishment of general criteria for the siting, construction, operation, closing, and monitoring of final disposal facilities.
(4) Criteria and other elements to be considered in the adoption of district solid waste management plans.
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.11.
Sec. 3. Revisions of the state plan must be implemented using the procedures set forth in section 1 of this chapter.
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.11. Amended by P.L.12-2005, SEC.4.
Assessment of solid waste management districts; report
Sec. 4. (a) In 2015 and every fifth year thereafter, the legislative council shall require an interim study committee or a statutory study committee to:
(1) assess solid waste management districts; and
(2) determine whether any changes should be made to the statutes governing solid waste management districts.
(b) An interim study committee or a statutory study committee
that assesses solid waste management districts under subsection (a)
shall issue a final report, in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6, to
the legislative council containing the committee's findings and
recommendations, including any recommended legislation, not later
than November 1 of the year in which an assessment is conducted.
As added by P.L.37-2012, SEC.50.