Order of payments
Sec. 2. (a) This section does not apply during the period that the office is assessing a hospital fee authorized by IC 16-21-10. For each state fiscal year ending before July 1, 2005, and subject to section 3 of this chapter (repealed), the office shall make the payments identified in this section in the following order:
(1) First, payments under IC 12-15-15-9 and IC 12-15-15-9.5.
(2) Second, payments under clauses (A) and (B) of STEP FIVE of IC 12-15-15-1.5(b).
(3) Third, Medicaid inpatient payments for safety-net hospitals and Medicaid outpatient payments for safety-net hospitals.
(4) Fourth, payments under IC 12-15-15-1.1 and IC 12-15-15-1.3.
(5) Fifth, payments under IC 12-15-19-8 for municipal disproportionate share hospitals.
(6) Sixth, payments under IC 12-15-19-2.1 for disproportionate share hospitals.
(7) Seventh, payments under clause (C) of STEP FIVE of IC 12-15-15-1.5(b).
(b) For each state fiscal year ending after June 30, 2007, the office shall make the payments for the programs identified in IC 12-15-20-2(8)(G) in the order of priority that best utilizes available non-federal share, Medicaid supplemental payments, and Medicaid disproportionate share payments, and may change the order or priority at any time as necessary for the proper administration of one (1) or more of the payment programs listed in IC 12-15-20-2(8)(G).
As added by P.L.255-2003, SEC.23. Amended by P.L.212-2007, SEC.11; P.L.218-2007, SEC.21; P.L.229-2011, SEC.141; P.L.6-2012, SEC.92; P.L.205-2013, SEC.204.
(Repealed by P.L.212-2007, SEC.31; P.L.218-2007, SEC.52.)