Application of chapter; inspections
Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (c), this chapter does not apply to a nonpublic school (as defined in IC 20-18-2-12) or a school operated by a school corporation (as defined in IC 20-18-2-16).
(b) The division shall carry out an inspection program to periodically inspect regulated places of amusement or entertainment. These inspections shall be conducted at least annually.
(c) A school that holds amusement or entertainment events shall be inspected at least one (1) time each year. The inspection may be performed by either the division or the fire department that has jurisdiction over the school.
(d) At the time of each annual inspection performed by the division, the division shall provide a fire safety checklist to each school that holds amusement or entertainment events. Each school shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the items on the fire safety checklist for each amusement or entertainment event held at the school.
As added by P.L.245-1987, SEC.3. Amended by P.L.159-1995, SEC.5; P.L.1-2005, SEC.190; P.L.1-2006, SEC.372.
Permits; issuance; expiration date
Sec. 2. (a) The division shall issue an amusement and entertainment permit to an applicant who qualifies under section 3 of this chapter.
(b) A permit issued under section 3 of this chapter expires one (1) year after the date of issuance. The permit applies only to the place, maximum occupancy, and use specified in the permit.
As added by P.L.245-1987, SEC.3. Amended by P.L.1-2006, SEC.373; P.L.57-2008, SEC.6; P.L.110-2009, SEC.9.
Permits; qualifications; applications; fees
Sec. 3. To qualify for an amusement and entertainment permit, an applicant must:
(1) submit an application sworn or affirmed under penalties of perjury on forms provided by the division upon request;
Special event endorsements on permits
Sec. 4. (a) The division may modify an amusement and entertainment permit with a special event endorsement that covers one (1) or more events not specified in the initial permit.
(b) To qualify for a special event endorsement, an applicant must:
(1) provide the information required by the commission;
(2) demonstrate through an inspection that the special events covered by the application will be conducted in compliance with applicable fire safety laws; and
(3) pay the inspection fee set under IC 22-12-6-7.
As added by P.L.245-1987, SEC.3. Amended by P.L.1-2006, SEC.375.
Operation without permit or special event endorsement; infraction
Sec. 5. (a) This section applies to the following:
(1) Each person who has control over the performance of an amusement or entertainment described in IC 22-12-1-23.
(2) Each person who has control over a regulated place of entertainment.
(b) A person described in subsection (a) commits a Class C infraction if:
(1) a regulated place of amusement or entertainment is used for an amusement or entertainment described in IC 22-12-1-23; and
(2) no regulated place of amusement or entertainment permit or special event endorsement issued under this chapter covers the conditions at the regulated place of amusement or entertainment that affect fire and explosion safety.
As added by P.L.245-1987, SEC.3.