Indiana Administrative Code
-IR- Database: Indiana Register
Indiana Register - March 1, 2001
Disclaimer: These documents were created from the files used to produce the official (printed) Indiana Register, however, these documents are unofficial.
- Title 260 State Department of Toxicology -- #00-2 (PDF)
Amends 260 IAC 1.1-5-1 concerning selection criteria for breath test instruments.
- Title 290 State Emergency Management Agency -- #00-17 (PDF)
Adds 290 IAC to establish rules mandated by IC 10-4-1-29 for the purpose of administering the State Disaster Relief Fund, including eligibility, application procedures, and general administrative requirements.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-123 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 6-7 to establish standards for determining whether to approve emergency construction, along or within the ordinary high watermark of Lake Michigan, without the prior completion of the ordinary licensing processes for IC 14-29-1. Included are areas below the ordinary high watermark of Lake Michigan and within a tributary where a license is also required under IC 14-28-1. The procedures for seeking approval of an emergency activity, and the status of improvements made as a result of the activity, are outlined. Adds 312 IAC 6-8 to establish standards for determining whether to approve construction of a structure, along or within the ordinary high watermark of Lake Michigan.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-125 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 3-1-19 concerning modifications of final agency orders and 312 IAC 3-1-20 concerning proceedings remanded from judicial review or on appeal to the procedural rules governing adjudicatory proceedings before the Natural Resources Commission and its Division of Hearings.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-126 (PDF)
Amends 312 IAC 11 to expand the opportunities to use a general license for the placement of qualified dry hydrants and qualified glacial stone seawall refacings along or within public freshwater lakes. Clarifies existing criteria, including the resolution of potential conflicts in the definitions of 'area of special concern' and 'developed area'.
- Title 329 Solid Waste Management Board -- #99-232 (PDF)
Amends 329 IAC 3.1 to require two paper copies and an electronic report of ground water laboratory analytical data and field parameters. Amends 329 IAC 12-7 to allow some flexibility in when the accredited training course for solid waste facility operators must be taken and adjusting the length of time the recertification is valid. Amends 329 IAC 13 to clarify secondary containment for used oil containers and aboveground tanks.
- Title 355 State Chemist of the State of Indiana -- #00-103 (PDF)
Amends 355 IAC 3, the anhydrous ammonia rules, which have not been modified since 1965. Amendments and additions provide consistency with ANSI K61.1, 1999, and recognize current activities prevalent in the storage, handling, and usage of anhydrous ammonia. Amends 355 IAC 3-1-1.5, which expands on definitions used in the article. Amends 355 IAC 3-2 to be consistent with ANSI K61.1, 1999 standards and double distance requirements for approval of permanent installations. Amends 355 IAC 3-4, 355 IAC 3-5, and 355 IAC 3-6 to be consistent with ANSI K61.1, 1999 standards. Amends 355 IAC 3-7 to be consistent with ANSI standards. Adds 355 IAC 3-7-6, 355 IAC 3-7-7, and 355 IAC 3-7-8 to establish specifications for running gear on which ammonia vessels are mounted. Amends 355 IAC 3-8 and 355 IAC 3-9 to be consistent with ANSI standards. Adds 355 IAC 3-10 to include application equipment under the area of enforcement by the state chemist and provide specifications that constitute compliance. Repeals 355 IAC 3-1-1, 355 IAC 3-1-2, and 355 IAC 3-3.
- Title 804 Board of Registration for Architects and Landscape Architects -- #00-174 (PDF)
Amends 804 IAC 1.1-6-5 to bring the examination requirements for landscape architects into conformity with the examinations offered by the national examination provider.
- Title 824 Indiana Grain Buyers and Warehouse Licensing Agency -- #00-161 (PDF)
Adds 824 IAC 2 to establish current standards for grain buyers and grain warehousemen. Repeals 824 IAC 1-2.
Notice of Recall
- Title 675 Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission -- #99-234 (PDF)
Notice of Withdrawal
- Title 170 Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission -- #00-34 (PDF)
- Title 327 Water Pollution Control Board -- #99-261 (PDF)
- Title 375 Commissioner of Agriculture -- #00-190 (PDF)
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #00-330 (PDF)
Notice of Rule Adoption
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-26 (PDF)
Temporarily adds rules concerning instant game number 495.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-27 (PDF)
Temporary adds rules concerning instant game number 497.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-28 (PDF)
Adds 65 IAC 4-444 concerning instant game number 499.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-29 (PDF)
Temporarily adds rules concerning instant game number 500.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-30 (PDF)
Temporarily adds rules concerning instant game number 503.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-31 (PDF)
Adds 65 IAC 4-443 concerning instant game number 504.
- Title 65 State Lottery Commission -- #01-32 (PDF)
Adds 65 IAC 4-442 concerning instant game number 687.
Change in Notice of Public Hearing
- Title 470 Division of Family and Children -- #00-211 (PDF)
Notice of Intent to Adopt a Rule
- Title 327 Water Pollution Control Board -- #00-235 (PDF)
- Title 327 Water Pollution Control Board -- #99-261 (PDF)
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #01-34 (PDF)
-- Makes amendments to the rules that govern the public use of DNR properties. The discharge of sink, shower, and other gray water through drains onboard a boat would be prohibited. A license would be required for the release of any animal on a DNR property. In addition to a property manager, any person authorized by the director could (subject to administrative review) restrict or reject a person from a DNR property for misconduct for a period not to exceed one year. Clarifies that a restriction or ejection can apply to all or any portion of a particular property, to multiple DNR properties, or to all DNR properties. Makes other technical changes. Questions concerning the proposal may be directed to the following telephone number: (317) 233-3322 or email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Statutory authority: IC 14-10-2-4; IC 14-11-2-1.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #01-35 (PDF)
-- Would add a new section to 312 IAC 5, that governs the operation of watercraft on public waters of Indiana, to establish restrictions on Prairie Creek Reservoir in Delaware County. A speed limit of 20 miles per hour would be established for all watercraft, and watercraft would be prohibited from pulling inflated inner tubes north of a line parallel to the Gates Road Bridge on the east access road to Prairie Creek. Questions concerning the proposal may be directed to the following telephone number: (317) 233-3322 or email address: email@example.com. Statutory authority: IC 14-10-2-4; IC 14-11-2-1; IC 14-15-7-3.
- Title 345 Indiana State Board of Animal Health -- #01-36 (PDF)
-- The rule will add and amend requirements to exhibit livestock and other animals in Indiana. Comments on the proposed rule may be sent to the Indiana State Board of Animal Health, Attention Legal Affairs, 805 Beachway Drive, Suite 50, Indianapolis, Indiana 46224, or by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Statutory authority: IC 15-2.1-3-19.
- Title 345 Indiana State Board of Animal Health -- #01-37 (PDF)
-- The rule will update and amend rules relating to diseases in animals that must be reported to the Board of Animal Health (345 IAC 1-6) including adding or removing diseases required to be reported. Makes other changes in the laws relating to reporting diseases in animals. Comments on the proposed rule may be sent to the Indiana State Board of Animal Health, Attention: Legal Affairs, 805 Beachway Drive, Suite 50, Indianapolis, Indiana 46224. Statutory authority: IC 15-2.1-3-19.
- Title 405 Office of the Secretary of Family and Social Services -- #01-58 (PDF)
-- Amends 405 IAC 5-2-17 to clarify definition of medical necessity. Amends 405 IAC 5-7-1 to clarify policy regarding suspension of incomplete prior authorization requests. Amends 405 IAC 5-8-3 to clarify consultations policy. Amends 405 IAC 5-14 to revise policy and coverage for dental services, including removing coverage for dentures for adults. Amends 405 IAC 5-19 to revise policy and coverage for orthopedic shoes and corrective features. Amends 405 IAC 5-23 to remove coverage for eyeglasses, frames, and contact lenses for adults. Amends 405 IAC 5-37-3 to add dentists to the list of practitioner that may provide smoking cessation counseling services. Makes additional technical conforming changes. Statutory authority: IC 12-15-1-10; IC 12-15-21-2.
- Title 405 Office of the Secretary of Family and Social Services -- #01-59 (PDF)
-- Amends 405 IAC 5-20-8 to limit the number of units of psychiatric diagnostic interviews per provider, per recipient, per twelve (12) month period of time, to one (1) unit. All additional units require prior authorization. Two (2) units of psychiatric diagnostic interview per provider, per recipient, per twelve (12) month period of time, is permitted without prior authorization if the recipient is separately evaluated by both a physician or HSPP and a midlevel practitioner. The amendment also adds the requirement for prior authorization for all units of neuropsychological and psychological testing when provided by a physician or a HSPP. Amends 405 IAC 5-13-12 to eliminate neuropsychological and psychological testing from the prior authorization exception following a recipient's discharge from inpatient hospital care. Statutory authority: IC 12-8-6-5; IC 12-15-1-10; IC 12-15-21-2.
- Title 440 Division of Mental Health -- #01-53 (PDF)
-- Amends 440 IAC 9 to establish standards and requirements for community mental health centers and certified managed care providers regarding acute stabilization, day treatment, and services to prevent unnecessary and inappropriate treatment and hospitalization and the deprivation of a person's liberty as part of the required continuum of care for persons needing addiction services, persons with serious mental illness, or children with serious emotional disorders. Statutory authority: IC 12-8-8-4; IC 12-21-2-8; IC 12-21-5-1.5.
- Title 511 Indiana State Board of Education -- #01-33 (PDF)
-- Amends the following approved high school courses: 511 IAC 6.1-5.1-1 dealing with multidisciplinary courses; 511 IAC 6.1-5.1-9 dealing with business technology education, family and consumer sciences, and technology education; and 511 IAC 6.1-5.1-10.1 dealing with vocational-technical courses. Statutory authority: IC 20-1-1-6; IC 20-1-1.2-18.
- Title 675 Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission -- #01-45 (PDF)
-- Adopts and amends the International Residential Code (IRC) for One and Two Family Dwellings as 675 IAC 14-4.2. Amends the 1999 Indiana Electrical Code so as not to be in conflict with the electrical provisions of the Indiana Residential Code. Amends the residential scope of the 1992 Indiana Energy Code. Repeals 675 IAC 14-4.1. Statutory authority: IC 22-13-2-2; IC 22-13-2-13.
- Title 804 Board of Registration for Architects and Landscape Architects -- #01-57 (PDF)
-- The board of registration for architects and landscape architects intends to revise and update the definitions of architect, board, and landscape architect; to establish the definition of 'LARE'; to require candidates for original licensure as registered architects or landscape architects in Indiana to submit their application through NCARB and CLARB respectively; to require applicants to ensure that the proper NCARB or CLARB record is submitted to the board; to require applicants for reciprocity registration as an architect or landscape architect to submit a NCARB or CLARB record respectively for the board to consider the application for reciprocity; and to revise, update, and establish the actual practical experience requirements for applicants for registration as a landscape architect. Questions or comments concerning the proposed rules may be directed to: Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, Attention: Staff Counsel, 302 West Washington Street, Room E034, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2700. Statutory authority: IC 25-4-1; IC 25-4-1-22; IC 25-4-2; IC 25-4-2-4; IC 25-4-2-6.
- Title 844 Medical Licensing Board of Indiana -- #01-47 (PDF)
-- Adds 844 IAC 13 to establish standards by Medical Licensing Board of Indiana for the competent and ethical practice of acupuncture, which includes: definitions, fees, licensure and certification requirements, supervision requirements, renewal of licensure and certificate, standards of professional conduct, and disciplinary procedures and processes. Public comments are invited. Statutory authority: IC 25-2.5.
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #01-46 (PDF)
-- Adds 898 IAC 1-1-2.6 concerning the definition of 'affiliated setting'. Repeals 898 IAC 1-5-5 concerning the practice of athletic training. Questions or comments may be directed by mail to the Indiana Athletic Trainers Board, 402 West Washington Street, Room W041, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, or by electronic mail to email@example.com. Statutory authority: IC 25-5.1-2-6.
- Title 170 Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission -- #01-9 (PDF)
Amends 170 IAC 1-1.1-1 to clarify which cases and other matters under commission jurisdiction are governed by the new rules of practice and procedure and which are governed by the former rules of practice and procedure.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-178 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 21 to provide standards for archaeological review and recovery. Incorporates statutory changes made to the enabling legislation made since the adoption of 310 IAC 19. Requires a principal investigator to be qualified by training and experience to coordinate, develop, and complete an archaeological project. Requires a field or laboratory supervisor to be qualified by training and experience to perform these supervisory functions. Clarifies ethical standards. Repeals 310 IAC 19.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-243 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 22 to provide standards for the treatment of ancient human remains, burial objects, and artifacts. Repeals 310 IAC 20.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-253 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 10 to govern construction activities in flood plains (flood hazard areas). Provides coordination with standards applicable to navigable waterways. Repeals 310 IAC 6-1.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-270 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 20 to govern the activities of the historic preservation review board. Repeals 310 IAC 10.
- Title 312 Natural Resources Commission -- #00-285 (PDF)
Adds 312 IAC 25 to establish standards for coal mining and reclamation operations. Repeals 310 IAC 12.
- Title 440 Division of Mental Health -- #00-276 (PDF)
Amends 440 IAC 4.1 concerning the certification of community mental health centers to set forth conflict of interest criteria, to specify the minimum staff and services to be provided directly by a community mental health center, and to make technical changes to the existing language of the rule. Repeals 440 IAC 4.3-2-3 and 440 IAC 4.1-2-7.
- Title 511 Indiana State Board of Education -- #00-163 (PDF)
Adds 511 IAC 6.2-4 to establish criteria and procedures for approving professional development programs and determining if a school qualifies for a grant from the department of education to implement its professional development program.
- Title 511 Indiana State Board of Education -- #01-6 (PDF)
Amends 511 IAC 12-2-7 to provide for a waiver of the requirement that summer school classes have an initial enrollment of 15 students to qualify for state reimbursement, if a waiver is necessary to offer developmentally appropriate programs, and eliminate references to the summer ISTEP remediation program, which no longer exists.
- Title 575 State School Bus Committee -- #00-175 (PDF)
Adds 575 IAC 1-1-4.5 regarding labeling requirements for school buses. Amends 575 IAC 1-1-5 to make the labeling requirements apply to buses ordered on or after the effective date.
- Title 655 Board of Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education -- #00-275 (PDF)
Amends 655 IAC 1-1-5.1 to make conforming changes. Amends 655 IAC 1-2.1 to update certain editions of National Fire Protection Association standards, delete certifications, add certifications, make conforming section number changes, and correct typographical errors. Repeals 655 IAC 1-2.1-76, 655 IAC 1-2.1-77, 655 IAC 1-2.1-78, 655 IAC 1-2.1-79, 655 IAC 1-2.1-80, 655 IAC 1-2.1-81, 655 IAC 1-2.1-82, 655 IAC 1-2.1-83, 655 IAC 1-2.1-84, 655 IAC 1-2.1-85, 655 IAC 1-2.1-86, and 655 IAC 1-2.1-87.
- Title 675 Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission -- #00-261 (PDF)
Amends 675 IAC 13-1, the Indiana fire safety standards, so as to continue to maintain rules that accurately address current design and construction practice by adopting by reference newer editions of currently adopted National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards (NFPA 13, NFPA 13R, NFPA 14, AND NFPA 20). Amends 675 IAC 13-2.3-102, 675 IAC 13-2.3-103, 675 IAC 22-2.2-535, and 675 IAC 22-2.2-536, the Indiana building code and Indiana fire code, by changing references to NFPA 231 (675 IAC 22-2.2-20) and NFPA 231C (675 IAC 22-2.2-19) to NFPA 13 (675 IAC 13-1-8). Repeals 675 IAC 22-2.2-19 (NFPA 231) and 675 IAC 22-2.2-20 (NFPA 231C), as NFPA 231 and NFPA 231C are no longer published by NFPA and the subject matter that was contained in NFPA 231 and NFPA 231C is now contained in NFPA 13, 1999 Edition.
- Title 675 Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission -- #00-290 (PDF)
Repeals 675 IAC 13-1-23 and 675 IAC 15-2.
- Title 828 State Board of Dentistry -- #00-274 (PDF)
Adds 828 IAC 1-1-24 concerning the discontinuation of the practice of dentistry.
- Title 856 Indiana Board of Pharmacy -- #00-292 (PDF)
Adds 856 IAC 1-6.1 to establish standards for the physical layout of retail pharmacies. Repeals 856 IAC 1-6.
- Title 876 Indiana Real Estate Commission -- #00-227 (PDF)
Amends 876 IAC 3-6-2 to incorporate by reference the 2001 edition of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. Amends 876 IAC 3-6-3 to update the revisions to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice based upon the changes in the 2001 edition.
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #00-293 (PDF)
Amends 898 IAC 1-6-1 concerning continuing education. Repeals 898 IAC 1-1-8.
- Title 31 State Personnel Department -- #01-42 (PDF)
- Title 40 State Ethics Commission -- #01-50 (PDF)
- Title 71 Indiana Horse Racing Commission -- #01-38 (PDF)
- Title 170 Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission -- #01-54 (PDF)
- Title 345 Indiana State Board of Animal Health -- #00-297 (PDF)
- Title 355 State Chemist of the State of Indiana -- #01-39 (PDF)
- Title 355 State Chemist of the State of Indiana -- #01-43 (PDF)
- Title 355 State Chemist of the State of Indiana -- #01-48 (PDF)
- Title 357 Indiana Pesticide Review Board -- #01-49 (PDF)
- Title 405 Office of the Secretary of Family and Social Services -- #01-52 (PDF)
- Title 431 Community Residential Facilities Council -- #00-298 (PDF)
- Title 460 Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services -- #00-299 (PDF)
- Title 460 Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services -- #00-300 (PDF)
- Title 460 Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services -- #00-301 (PDF)
- Title 470 Division of Family and Children -- #01-60 (PDF)
- Title 470 Division of Family and Children -- #01-61 (PDF)
- Title 470 Division of Family and Children -- #01-62 (PDF)
- Title 675 Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission -- #00-303 (PDF)
- Title 828 State Board of Dentistry -- #00-318 (PDF)
- Title 832 State Board of Funeral and Cemetery Service -- #01-56 (PDF)
- Title 836 Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission -- #01-40 (PDF)
- Title 844 Medical Licensing Board of Indiana -- #01-41 (PDF)
- Title 845 Board of Podiatric Medicine -- #00-320 (PDF)
- Title 846 Board of Chiropractic Examiners -- #00-319 (PDF)
- Title 852 Indiana Optometry Board -- #00-321 (PDF)
- Title 852 Indiana Optometry Board -- #00-322 (PDF)
- Title 856 Indiana Board of Pharmacy -- #00-323 (PDF)
- Title 857 Indiana Optometric Legend Drug Prescription Advisory Committee -- #00-324 (PDF)
- Title 858 Controlled Substances Advisory Committee -- #01-63 (PDF)
- Title 868 State Psychology Board -- #00-325 (PDF)
- Title 888 Indiana Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners -- #00-327 (PDF)
- Title 896 Board of Environmental Health Specialists -- #00-328 (PDF)
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #00-329 (PDF)
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #00-331 (PDF)
- Title 898 Indiana Athletic Trainers Board -- #01-44 (PDF)
IC 13-14-9 Notices
- Title 655 Board of Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education (PDF)
- Title 760 Department of Insurance (PDF)
Attorney General's Actions (PDF)
Other Notices (PDF)
Executive Orders/Proclamations (PDF)
Nonrule Policy Documents (PDF)
- Title 327 Water Pollution Control Board -- #00-266 (PDF)
-- A draft rule was published in the February 1, 2001, Indiana Register that included Summary/Response to Comments to First Comment Period, and the draft language. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) is extending the second comment period, so that interested parties may have additional time to provide comment on the draft rule. By this notice, IDEM is not modifying nor adding any language to the draft rule published in the Indiana Register on February 1, 2001. Additional public comments on the draft rule will be received by IDEM through March 31, 2001.
- Title 327 Water Pollution Control Board -- #01-51 (PDF)
-- The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) is soliciting public comment on amendments to rules concerning concentrated animal feeding operations. The purpose of this rulemaking is to make any further needed changes to Indiana's confined feeding operation approval program rules to satisfy federal requirements for federal Confined Feeding Animal Operations (CAFO). IDEM seeks comment on the affected citations listed and any other provisions of Title 327 that may be affected by this rulemaking.