TITLE 680 BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL RULES BOARD
LSA Document #13-418(E)
Temporarily amends 680 IAC 2-1
to adopt by reference editions of certain boiler and pressure vessel standards adopted by the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Rules Board and approved by the Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission. Effective September 5, 2013.
SECTION 1. (a) Those certain four (4) documents, being titled:
(1) the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code,
1992 2010 Edition, with 2011 addenda, published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Three Park Avenue, New York, New York 10017-2392; 10016-5990;
(2) the American Petroleum Institute - American Society of Mechanical Engineers Code for Unfired Pressure Vessels, 1951 Edition, published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the American Petroleum Institute, 345 East 47th Street, New York, New York 10017-2392;
(3) the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors Inspection Code
1992 (NBIC), 2011 Edition, published by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors, 1055 Crupper Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43229; and
(4) the American Petroleum Institute 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection Code,
Seventh Ninth Edition, 1992, June 2006, published by the American Petroleum Institute, 2101 1220 L Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20037; 20005;
are hereby adopted by reference, as provided for in other sections of this article,
and as if fully set out in this rule for new construction, and as specifically set forth in subsection (b).
(b) As incorporated by reference in
Sec. subsection (a)(1), the adoption of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Code shall be limited to the following sections:
(1) Section I Power Boilers.
(2) Section II Material Specifications.
(3) Section III Nuclear Power Plant Components.
(4) Section IV Low Pressure Heating Boilers.
(5) Section V Nondestructive Examination.
(6) Section VIII
Division 1 and Division 2 Pressure Vessels.
(7) Section IX Welding and Brazing Qualifications.
(8) Section X Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Pressure Vessels.
(9) Section XI Rules for Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components.
(10) Section PVO Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy.
(c) No revision, amendment, or interpretation of any of the codes adopted by the rules board as specified in IC 22-12-4
shall apply in any way to regulated boilers or unfired pressure vessels unless and until it shall have been approved and adopted by the rules board under IC 22-13-2-8
Filed with Publisher: September 5, 2013, 10:07 a.m.
Posted: 09/11/2013 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: Jul 07,2015 5:13:31AM EDT
version of this document.