STATE OF INDIANA
FOR: PROMOTING GOVERNMENT EFFICIENCY, TRANSPARENCY, AND SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE THROUGH PROGRAM ASSESSMENT COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION (PACE)
TO ALL WHOM THESE PRESENTS MAY COME, GREETINGS.
WHEREAS, taxpayers and citizens of the State of Indiana are entitled to the most efficient, transparent, and effective government possible with their tax dollars;
WHEREAS, the establishment and accurate reporting of agency performance standards promotes efficient, transparent, effective government;
WHEREAS, Ind. Code § 4-3-22-6 requires the Government Efficiency and Financial Planning Division of the Indiana Office of Management and Budget ("GEFP") to conduct procedural and operational audits of state government;
WHEREAS, Ind. Code § 4-3-22-6 requires GEFP to perform financial planning and design and implement efficiency projects; and
WHEREAS, Ind. Code § 4-3-22-6 requires GEFP to advise and assist agencies in identifying and implementing continuous process improvement.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Michael R. Pence, by virtue of the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Indiana, do hereby order that:
1. GEFP shall conduct a procedural and operational audit of state government agencies and programs called Program Assessment Comprehensive Evaluation (PACE).
2. The PACE review shall include an evaluation of the overall performance of the programs of each instrumentality, agency, authority, board, or commission in the executive department of state government, including:
a. program purpose and effectiveness;
b. program efficiency;
c. assessment of existing performance measures;
d. program impact on and support of private-sector job growth, especially in the areas of tax administration, education, regulatory policy, and transportation;
e. assessment of fees charged to ensure that they are necessary to cover services provided;
f. specific assessment of regulatory metrics and processes; and
g. review of how performance metrics are currently reported on the Indiana Transparency Portal.
3. In conjunction with the PACE review, GEFP shall:
a. prepare a performance-based budgeting report for the OMB Director including a plan for developing a system of performance-based budgeting to be incorporated in the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 biennial budget process; and
b. prepare a report for the OMB Director and the Commissioner of the Department of Administration including a plan to electronically process all contracts and make all state contracts electronically searchable on the Indiana Transparency Portal.
4. GEFP shall review all state government programs on a four-year cycle and submit a performance report annually to the Governor with findings and recommendations for each program subject to that year's review.
5. All instrumentalities, agencies, authorities, boards, or commissions in the executive department of state government shall participate and assist GEFP in the PACE review and shall work with GEFP to implement all PACE recommendations approved by the Governor.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I, Michael R. Pence, have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of Indiana on this 14th day of January 2013.
Michael R. Pence
Governor of Indiana
Posted: 02/06/2013 by Legislative Services Agency
Composed: Oct 23,2016 4:02:05AM EDT
version of this document.